Company: Microloan Foundation (Malawi) Limited
Microloan Foundation (Malawi) Limited is a premier microfinance institution which provides financial services and training support to help women set up and manage sustainable businesses in their communities. We are currently seeking dynamic and energetic individuals to assist with driving the balanced growth of our portfolio of borrowing customers at various branches in the Northern, Central and Southern Regions of Malawi.
You will primarily be responsible for meeting negotiated goals related to branch portfolio growth and business development, as well as other objectives related to management of Porfolio At Risk (PAR) customer retention and operational effectiveness.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Ensure engagement of various stakeholders like partner organisations, community leaders such as Village chiefs, Traditional Authorities, Women Group leaders, etc
- Assess and analyse client needs, then competently and knowledgably match Microloan’s financial services solutions to help our women clients mostly resident in rural areas grow their business.
- Maximise the visibility of the Microloan brand by actively and positively promoting the company in the communities where the branch operates.
- Expand your portfolio of borrowing customers by exceeding assigned new customer targets and provide quality customer service to ensure high customer retention.
- Ensure timely monitoring and collection of repayments to maintain healthy loan portfolio.
- Explore and identify new business opportunities beyond the areas that are already being served in order to grow the loan portfolio.
- Implement appropriate strategies to recover arears, suggesting improvements to remedy any deterioration,and monitoring the outcomes of remedies.
- Provide financial literacy training, basic entrepreneurial training, or other relevant technical support to clients in order to assure their business viability and ongoing ability to successfully service their loans.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- A minimum of a diploma in Business Admin/Commerce, Marketing, or related field
- A minimum of 2 years sales related experience, preferably in financial services is an added advantage.
- Possession of motorcycle driving licence is an added advantage.
- High self-motivation and the discipline to plan work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- A solution-oriented outlook, exceptional integrity and a strong work ethic
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly use of Excel for data analysis
- Knowledge of the loan origination and credit risk management processes
- The ability to build sustainable relationships with customers and communities.
To express an interest in this role, qualified candidates are required to submit an updated CV along with a brief cover letter detailing how they meet the above requirements by using this link https://forms.gle/E5cm5ppCQz1PWgmb9 by January 19th , 2024. There is a possibility that interviews could be conducted in regions. Please indicate your resident region. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.