Company: Rumphi District Council
The Ministry of Health through the Non-Communicable Disease Unit and Partners in Health/ Abwenzi Pa Za Umoyo (PIH/APZU), with support from UNICEF is scaling up the implementation of PEN-Plus initiative. PEN-Plus is a model of decentralizing care of complex / severe Chronic Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) from tertiary to primary care facilities. This translates to an integrated and specialized team of mid-level providers – Clinicians and Nurses working at every district and community hospital to care for patients with diseases such as type-1diabetes, sickle cell, heart failure and rheumatic heart diseases.
In the view of the above, Rumphi District Council and Ntchisi District Council invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to be recruited as Clinical Officer for a period of two (2) years as below:
JOB TITLE : Clinical Officer
NO. OF POSTS : 1
GRADE : HI/M7
RESPONSIBLE TO : District Medical Officer
LOCATION : Rumphi District Hospital
Applicants must be in possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Medicine or serving Senior Clinical Technicians (Grade HJ/M8) in possession of a Diploma in Clinical Medicine plus four (4) years’ experience.
The jobholder should have managerial skills to manage staff under his/her charge and should also have critical thinking skills for patient care which includes provision of health care to patients according to set standards.
- Demonstrating advanced clinical skills in management of complex NCD cases.
- Supporting the continuum of care for NCD patients, including inpatient care of NCD patients when hospitalised.
- Provide clinical training, supervision and mentorship to interns, qualified clinicians in the district (DHO and health centres) and surrounding districts.
- Comfortably run the NCD Clinic at the district
- Learn Quality improvement skills and work toward using data for clinical decision and operation research within the clinic
- Work closely with the District Medical Officer and NCD coordinator and give feedback on issues related to NCDS.
- Any other duties assigned
Candidates who are in possession of the above stipulated relevant qualifications are invited to submit their
applications through the following address by 27th November, 2023.
Appointment and Disciplinary Committee
Rumphi District Council
P.O Box 224