Company: MwAPATA Institute
Position: Communications Intern
MwAPATA Institute is an independent policy think tank in Malawi, established to inform and guide national policy issues related to agriculture, natural resources, and rural transformation. The mission of the MwAPATA Institute is to conduct independent, objective, empirical research aimed at providing innovative and practical recommendations to inform agricultural sector policies in Malawi. The aim of the Institute is to accelerate the adoption of effective Malawian-led policies and programs to drive broad-based agricultural transformation, diversification, and improved smallholder incomes and nutrition in Malawi. The Institute plays a leading role in identifying strategies that will improve the investment climate, and promote agricultural productivity, diversification, and commercialization.
The Institute is affiliated with the National Planning Commission (NPC) and the Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources (LUANAR) and is currently receiving technical and institutional development support from Michigan
The MwAPATA Institute wishes to recruit highly motivated, proactive service-oriented, and energetic individuals to fill the position of Communications Intern. Based in Lilongwe, and reporting to the Communications Officer, the Communications Intern will be responsible for supporting strategies that increase MwAPATA visibility to diverse audiences, expanding digital information sharing capacity, and strengthening internal communication systems.
1. Key tasks shall include:
- Assist in the development and execution of media strategies aimed at enhancing the MwAPATA Institute’s visibility and promoting research utilization.
- Assist in designing and editing materials for various audiences and contexts, including research and meeting reports, case studies, briefs, toolkits, and peer-reviewed articles.
- Provide support for MwAPATA’s media relations, conference participation, and public outreach activities.
- Support the management of MwAPATA’s social media platforms using translated technical content and program updates.
- Aid in managing the MwAPATA website content and other MwAPATA-managed microsites.
- Support the Communications Team in repurposing and creating content for quarterly Newsletters.
- Maintain a collection of photos, graphics, icons, infographics, and video clips for use in various digital content.
- Manage the digital database and the physical library of MwAPATA tools and resources.
2. Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, or a related field.
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, including ability to juggle multiple tasks and respond rapidly to new events and competing priorities.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a small, and collaborative team environment.
3. How to apply
• Please email detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter to:
• Email: email@example.com
• Stating the position being applied for in the subject line.
• The closing date is Wednesday, 22 December 2023.
The Intern should be available to start on 8th January 2024 and the contract will run for 3 months.
For more information about MwAPATA Institute visit www.mwapata.mw