Company: Islamic Relief Malawi
ISLAMIC RELIEF MALAWI
ADVERT FOR DATA COLLECTORS/ VOLUNTEERS
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is a UK based independent humanitarian and development Organization that has been serving humanity for over 35 years. With an active presence in over 35 countries across the globe, Islamic Relief strives to make the world a better and fairer place for people still living in poverty.
Islamic Relief Malawi (IRM) is implementing a project called Poverty Reduction, Food and Nutritional Security and protection (P/RFN-P) in Mangochi District. The project aims at improving food and nutritional security of vulnerable smallholder households and reduced vulnerabilities to protection related risks.
IR Malawi therefore seek to appoint data collectors to support the project. Please note that this is a seasonal post and data collectors are engaged on need-by-need basis – Mangochi Residents Only
Purpose of the position
This is a temporary position where Data Collection Assistants will collect data in Mangochi district particularly in three GVHs where IRM is implementing Poverty Reduction, Food and Nutritional Security and Protection project to assess how well the farm inputs distribution activity was implemented and to inform whether changes are needed to make it more effective.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Collect data from households on beneficiary satisfaction with the organization of the farm inputs distribution exercise and how beneficiaries are intending to utilize what they received using an android tablet/phone
- Fill in all sections of the questionnaire with relevant information during household interviews.
- Engage supervisor to review collected data in the android phone before synchronizing the data.
- Check completed work for accuracy.
- Comply with data integrity
- Distribution of goods and items for seasonal projects e.g Ramadhan and Qurbani
- Distribution of relief goods in emergencies/disasters
- Have experience in data collection using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Familiar with the culture, customs, and traditions of the main ethnic groups in Mangochi.
- Minimum of a Diploma in Food Security, Health & Nutrition, Communication, Education and any related field.
- Familiar with kobo, ODK and survey CTO
- Practical experience in data collection using android phone/tablet.
- Honest, sober-minded and team player
- Excellent communication skills in English, Chiyawo and Chichewa.
The successful candidates shall undergo a 1 day’s induction to familiarize them with the nature and scope of the assignment, research ethics, and data collection methods.
How to apply
All interested candidates send their applications and copy of their National ID through email: email@example.com. Copy firstname.lastname@example.org and Bouyson.email@example.com by Friday, 15 December 2023