Company: Lighthouse Trust
Lighthouse Trust is a registered Public Trust established to manage Centres of Excellence (CoEs) and provide leverage for leadership and delivery of integrated HIV prevention, treatment, care, and support services in Malawi. Lighthouse has been involved in the development of locally applicable HIV care and treatment models. It is strategically positioned in Malawi’s national HIV response due to its close collaboration with the Ministry of Health (MoH). The Lighthouse in close coordination with MoH provides integrated services at Kamuzu Central Hospital, Bwaila Hospital, and some health facilities in urban and rural areas in Lilongwe, Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital in Blantyre, Zomba Central Hospital and Mzuzu central hospital in Mzuzu. Its strategic approach focuses on client-centred care based on four goals which are:
Goal 1: Service delivery: to enhance high-quality, integrated HIV prevention, treatment, care and support services for adults and children
Goal 2: Model interventions and operations research: to develop, pilot, evaluate, and disseminate innovative programs and policies across the continuum of prevention, treatment, care and support for HIV infection and its co-morbidities, both infectious and non-infectious.
Goal 3: Quality management: to ensure that all patients at Lighthouse clinics and all supported sites are receiving quality health care and services as recommended by the MoH and other health development partners by utilizing quality improvement (QI) methodologies in a multidisciplinary team approach.
Goal 4: Capacity strengthening: to build and strengthen healthcare capacity for high quality HIV prevention, treatment, care and support services.
Lighthouse Trust, with support from the United States of America President’s Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through a Cooperative Agreement with Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), has a grant to operate Centres of Excellence for Comprehensive Integrated HIV Care and Treatment Services in Lilongwe (Grant #NU2GGH002131). In order to achieve the above – mentioned goals, Lighthouse wishes to recruit a highly qualified and experienced person to fill the position of:
DATA OFFICER (2 positions)
Reports to : Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Team : Monitoring and Evaluation
Location : Umodzi Family Centre in Blantyre and Tisungane CoE in Zomba
Purpose of the Position
To develop, keep updated, and maintain high quality data for record keeping, reporting, operational research and decision making.
Duties and Responsibilities
Major roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Data entry and compilation of monthly and quarterly HIV reports
- Data cleaning and basic management of program data.
- Work with district technical teams to coordinate all aspects of programme reporting ensuring data is of high quality and produced on time.
- Collaborate with the external developers and the Lighthouse Clinic team in developing, expanding, and maintaining the electronic patient record system.
- Ensure that virus patterns are up to date on all Lighthouse computers, and the antivirus software is running.
- Support implementation quality improvement projects in assessing the impacts of interventions and implementation strategy as well as demonstrate the success of the improvement project to stakeholders.
- Make sure that all the dashboards and Quality improvement journals are updated.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- Diploma in Information Technology, Monitoring and Evaluation or related field from any recognised college
- Proficient data entry skills
- High standard of numeracy and literacy skills and data minded.
- Awareness of confidentiality and data protection
- Worked as data officers or clerk for more than one year.
- Ability to manage self and prioritise workload.
- Good interpersonal skills
Eligible internal candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send their applications with a cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of certificates, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three traceable referees.
Applications should be received not later than 4th December, 2023 to the following address:
The Executive Director
Kamuzu Central Hospital
P. O. BOX 106
Or email to: email@example.com
Only those shortlisted candidates will be communicated.