Company: National Oil Company of Malawi (NOCMA)
The National Oil Company of Malawi (NOCMA) whose main objective is to ensure security of fuel supply in Malawi is a wholly owned Malawi Government Company established under the Company’s Act of 1984 on the 10th of December 2010 and commenced its operations in 2012. NOCMA is responsible for managing the Country’s 60 million litres Strategic Fuel Reserves facilities situated in Blantyre, Lilongwe and Mzuzu, and smaller depots in Chilumba, Chipoka and Mchinji.
Over the past thirteen (13) years, the Company has grown tremendously in its national strategic importance with its fuel importation market share growing from ten percent (10%) in 2015 to an average of sixty-five percent (65%) in 2023/2024 and this has been matched with growth in institutional capacity and investments to enable efficiency and effectiveness in executing its mandate.
In its drive to ensure improved and sustained efficiency and effectiveness in delivery of its mandate, NOCMA is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following highly rewarding positions that have arisen within the Company.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer to the right candidates with prospects for career growth within the oil industry.
Applications are therefore invited for the following position:
DEPOT OPERATOR (NOC09) CODE: D02024 (Tenable at Blantyre Depot situated at Matindi (1 post); Lilongwe Depot at Kanengo (2 posts)); Mzuzu Depot at Sonda (1 post); Chilumba Depot in Karonga (1 post))
To carry out the day-to-day operational tasks and activities related to the loading, offloading, storage, handling, and movement of oil and petroleum products at the depot. The Depot Operator plays a hands-on role in ensuring the smooth and safe functioning of depot operations.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting pre-entry inspections on trucks.
- Taking daily dips, temperature and density for daily stocks reports
- Offloading and loading of fuel
- Conducting daily Depot inspections to ensure safety.
- Ensuring zero spill status of for the Depot
- Participating in monthly Emergency Drills for the Depot
- Carrying out minor maintenance works on equipment.
- Conducting daily pre and post stock dips
- Checking on product quality
- Performing other relevant duties related to the post.
REPORTING LINE AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY
The position reports to the Depot Clerk and has no supervisory responsibility.
The required candidate should have the following competences, skills, and attributes:
- Drive for results – Ability to commit to action and assume responsibility and ownership for own performance and the associated outcomes.
- Works collaboratively with others.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE). Possession of a Diploma certificate in a related field will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of one (1) years’ experience at the same level or in a similar role.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience should send applications with cover letter, copies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), names, addresses and phone contact numbers of three traceable referees to the following address:
The Chief Executive Officer
National Oil Company of Malawi
4th Floor, Kang’ombe House, City Centre
Private Bag 370
Attention: The Human Resources & Administration Manager
Applicants should state clearly on the envelope or in the subject line of an email, the Code for the Post they are applying for.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 10th February 2024
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as NOCMA is committed to achieving relevant gender ratios stipulated in the Gender Equality Act, 2013.