Company: Law Commission
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants to fill the following vacancies existing in the Law Commission (The Commission).
DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF LAW REFORM (GRADE LC4)
The Deputy Director of Law Reform shall be responsible for law reform and will be reporting to the Director of Law Reform.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Law with a minimum of 8 years’ experience as a legal practitioner;
- Must be a Legal Practitioner with a valid practicing License;
- Those with a Legislative Drafting Diploma/Certificate and a Master’s Degree in law shall have an added advantage.
Principal Duties Include;
- Carrying out reform and review of the Laws of Malawi as well as developing reports of such reviews, including preparation of draft legislation;
- Conducting research necessary for the reform or development of any law and hold public consultations thereon;
- Assisting in determination of annual programmes of law reform in the Commission;
- Developing programmes for civic education on the Laws of Malawi, the Constitution and the work of the Law Commission for the general public; and
- Supervising other legal officers involved in Law Reform Programmes.
SALARY: A competitive salary will be offered in line with the Law Commission Staff Terms and Conditions of Service. Law Commission is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications clearly marked on the envelope the post applied for comprising an application letter, current resume with detailed information of professional background and certified copies of relevant credentials with at least three traceable referees who are not relatives but previous or present employer (s) should be sent to;
The Law Commissioner,
Private Bag 373,
Lilongwe 3 or
Closing date for receiving applications is 5th January, 2024
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Those who already applied for these posts need not to re-apply.