Company: Unitrans Malawi Limited
DIESEL MECHANICS (2 posts)
Unitrans Malawi Ltd, a prominent employer in the Sugar Cane Logistics industry wants to recruit suitably qualified and experienced Motor Vehicle Mechanics at its Nchalo Depot in Chikwawa District.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Workshop Manager
- The person will be responsible for:
- The repairing and maintenance of all diesel machines, motor vehicles, pumps, generators at the company.
- Diagnosing, identifying and rectifying mechanical problems on vehicles and equipment.
- Planning work procedure
- Overhauling or replacing carburetor’s, blowers, generators, distributors, starters, and pumps.
- Rebuilding parts such as crankshafts and cylinder blocks.
- Knowledge of providing broad to complex diagnostic ability and full understanding of their critical interrelationship is required.
- Must be safety compliant at all times.
Qualifications and Experience
- Malawi School Certificate of Education or above
- Grade 1 (one) National Trade Test Certificate
- A minimum of 3 (three) years hands-on working experience. Applicants with experience in air brakes and hydraulics will have an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
The company offers very attractive package and terms and conditions of employment to the successful candidates commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Unitrans is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested persons with the appropriate qualifications and experience must submit their applications together with detailed CV (Curriculum vitae) with three traceable referees, by email, to:
email@example.com; addressed to
Senior Depot Manager
Unitrans Malawi Ltd
Nchalo Depot, Box 137, NCHALO.
Closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday, 31st January 2024
Only applicants with appropriate qualifications and experience will be considered for interviews.