Company: Electricity Supply Corporation of Malawi (ESCOM)
The Electricity Supply Corporation of Malawi (ESCOM) Limited is incorporated under the Companies Act Cap. 46:03 of the Laws of Malawi. Its core business is to procure, transmit and distribute electric power as well as manage System Market Operations in Malawi.
ESCOM is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position currently existing under the Malawi Electricity Access Project (MEAP):
Digitisation Office Assistant Positions (11)
Grade: ES12 (Temporary)
Duration: 6 months
Supervised by: Regional Coordinator
Purpose of the Job
Digitization Office Assistant will be responsible for collecting coordinates for connected customers and uploading the same in the Network Development and Maintenance system.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Digitization Office Assistant shall be responsible, but not limited to the following:
- Collecting coordinates for constructed lines
- Uploading coordinates in the ESCOM Network Development and Maintenance system
- Digitising the network
- Activating meters in the meter management system
Attributes and competencies
The ideal candidate for the position must have/be:
- Good communication and listening skills Proficient in Microsoft packages
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to pay attention to detail
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants should have a minimum qualification of a Diploma in electrical engineering or its equivalent from a reputable institution.
- Those with experience in GIS data collection will have an added advantage.
Interested applicants should submit their applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae and three (3) names of traceable referees by 12th January 2024 to:
Senior Human Resources Manager,
P.O. Box 2047, BLANTYRE.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and invited for interviews. Please note that ESCOM Ltd is an equal opportunity employer hence female candidates are encouraged to apply.