Company: Local Government Service Commission
The Local Government Service Commission, wishes to inform the General Public, that the Ministry of Health, with support from Global Fund, is recruiting various cadres of healthcare workers in all District Councils. The Commission is therefore, inviting applications from suitably qualified Malawians to fill the posts as follows:
DISEASE CONTROL SURVEILLANCE ASSISTANTS (HSAs)
LOCATION: Various health facilities in rural areas across the Country.
QUALIFICATION: Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE) with a pass in Mathematics and Biology.
NO. OF POSTS : 2,436 Posts
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: –
- Serves as a link between fixed district health services and the community and works directly with village/community leaders, and other volunteers in providing environmental and personal health services in collaboration with medical assistant, health assistant and enrolled community health
- Conducts community assessments. village inspections, monitors growth and reports disease outbreaks
- Participates with others in [providing immunizations, maintaining equipment and improving the quality of water by protecting shallow wells and chlorinating untreated waters.
- Treating minor ailments and facilitates formation of village health committees (VHCs) and volunteers.
- Supervises VHCs and volunteers and refers palients and suspects to nearest health unit
- Records data in relevant registers and instruments using HMIS guidelines disseminate to respective village health committees and report to the designated supervisor.
- Prepares monthly work plans
- Provides feedback to the community
- Any other duties deemed reasonable for the post.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications with attached copies of certificates and National ID should be sent to the District Commissioner of your nearby District Council, clearly marking the name of the post applied for, on the envelope.
Closing date for receiving application letters will be 12th January, 2024.