Company: Family Planning Association of Malawi (FPAM)
Family Planning Association of Malawi (FPAM) is a local, nongovernmental organization providing youth friendly sexual and reproductive health rights, information, and services.
FPAM compliments the government of Malawi in improving the health status of all people in Malawi. FPAM’s vision is a Malawian society with access to quality and comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services and information.
FPAM is looking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position.
DISTRICT DATA ENTRY CLERK
The Data Entry Clerk will play a crucial role in supporting the N’zatonse Phase V project, a collaborative initiative led by PSI in partnership with FPAM, FHS, Act Alliance, and coordinated closely with the Ministry of Health at both national and district levels. This project aims to build upon the success of Nzatonse Phase IV that significantly advanced Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SHR). The Data Entry Clerk will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely data entry, particularly utilizing DHIS2 and Kobo Toolbox platforms.
1. Data Entry:
- Accurately enter project-related data into the designated databases, with a specific focus on DHIS2 and KoboToolbox.
- Ensure the completeness and correctness of the entered data, following established protocols and guidelines.
2. DHIS2 and KoboToolbox/ODK Management:
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with DHIS2 and KoboToolbox platforms.
- Regularly update and maintain data on these platforms, ensuring data integrity and security.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data-related issues in collaboration with the data management team.
3. Quality Assurance:
• Conduct routine checks to identify and rectify errors
• Collaborate with project teams to validate and verify data accuracy.
4. Documentation and Reporting:
- Prepare and maintain documentation related to data entry procedures and protocols.
- Assist in generating regular and ad-hoc reports as required by the project officer, and M&E Coordinator.
5. Collaboration and Coordination:
- Work closely with project teams, consortium partners, and Ministry of Health officials to ensure seamless data flow and integration.
- Participate in coordination/data review meetings and provide updates on data entry progress and challenges.
6. Training and Capacity Building:
- Conduct training sessions for project staff on data entry best practices and efficient utilization of DHIS2 and KoboCollect.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Educational background in a relevant field (e.g., Information Technology, Computer Science, Statistics, Public Health, Economics, Monitoring and Evaluation).
- Proven experience in data entry roles, preferably in the context of health projects.
- Proficiency in using DHIS2 and KoboCollect/ODK, with a track record of successful data management.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in data entry.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot data-related issues.
- Understanding of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SHR) is a plus.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, CV and copies of relevant Certificates with three traceable referees through email to email@example.com. The deadline for submission is Friday, 26th January 2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: Duly note that due to volumes of applications we receive; only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and that FPAM does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. FPAM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. FPAM is an equal opportunity employer.