Company: CUMO Microfinance Limited
CUMO Microfinance Limited is a not-for-profit rural microfinance company providing financial and non-financial services in the hard to reach areas of Malawi. The Company currently serves over 70,000 clients (mostly women) in villages across 26 districts of Malawi. CUMO is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill various vacancies under an anticipated new project to be jointly implemented with Self Help Africa (SHA) under a Result Based Financing (RBF) project. The project will target the “poorer” and “poorest” income categories of Malawians as defined in the Unified Beneficiary Registry (UBR) established by The Department of Poverty Reduction and Social Protection (DPRSP) of the Ministry of Economic Planning and Development. This project is expected to reach up to 210,000 people, in Balaka, Dedza, Salima and Nkhatabay. The objective of this project is to address the affordability barrier to accessing Off Grid Solar (OGS) products and improved cook stoves (ICS) for people in ultra-poor, vulnerable settings who would otherwise not be reached by the commercial market or existing public initiatives.
CUMO Microfinance Limited therefore seeks to recruit talented and dynamic individuals to be part of the team that will drive the anticipated project.
District Officers (4)
Reporting to the Project Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the PC in the day to day operations of the project.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of the District Officer will include the following:
1. Support the Project Coordinator in raising awareness of project objectives and activities.
2. Provide administrative and logistical support to project beneficiaries in line with project guidelines.
3. Maintain an up-to-date record of project beneficiaries, and provide a report of the same to the Project Coordinator for purposes of reporting.
4. Preparation of District activity report.
5. Act as a first point of contact in resolving queries from project beneficiaries and suppliers.
6. Those with motorcycle riding licenses will have an added advantage.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate for the position shall be expected to have the following:
1. A diploma in Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Community Development or any other related field.
2. Appreciation the solar product and cleaner cooking sector and technologies will be an added advantage.
3. Proven ability to deliver activities according to work plans and deadlines
4. Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
5. Strong respect and empathy for rural communities, and an affinity to CUMO’s mission and values of integrity, dignity and environmental respect.
6. Fluency in written and spoken English and Chichewa.
CUMO pays competitive salary including housing allowance.
Individuals who strictly meet the above requirements are encouraged to apply. Application including full CV and a cover letter explaining your suitability for the position with contact details of three work-related referees should be sent by post or by email to:
The Finance & Administration Manager,
CUMO Microfinance Limited
Plot No. Bwaila 6/278,
P O Box X 99,
Closing date is December 28, 2023. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.