Company: Family Planning Association of Malawi (FPAM)
Family Planning Association of Malawi (FPAM) is a local Non-Governmental Organization that provides quality, accessible and affordable comprehensive sexual and reproductive health and rights information and services to young people, women, men, and the underserved. The organization also works to reduce maternal mortality and rapid population growth by ensuring that women and young people, mostly underserved and from hard-to-reach areas, have access to information and service options in family planning/sexual reproductive health (FP/SRH) and HIV/AIDS.
Since its founding in 1999, FPAM has established itself as a Centre of Excellence in the delivery of quality family planning and reproductive healthcare products and services and HIV/AIDS information and interventions. This is done through its main service delivery channels: Outreach, static clinics, and public sector strengthening activities. In response to rising adolescent pregnancy and maternal mortality ratio in Malawi, FPAM is increasing its focus on reaching young people and expanding access to family planning services.
FPAM is looking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant post
DISTRICT PROJECT OFFICER
The District Project Officer is a health expert who manages family planning and reproductive health (SRHR)
programs and integration of SRHR with other health and development activities of the Nzatonse project at district level.
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating the Nzatonse outreach teams at district level.
- Serve as the point of contact for the project at district level and link with the secretariat project team.
- Serve as the primary technical expert for SRHR at district level.
- Maintain a high level of health expertise and share up-to-date information with partners by locating, analyzing, and applying current technical data relevant to family planning and reproductive health.
- Coordinate submission of monthly reports to the Project Coordinator.
- Participate in the development of quarterly reports, workplans, forecasts, procurement plans and business plans.
- Demonstrated managerial, administrative, analytical, and decision-making abilities including the ability to readily analyze, understand and discuss new program design, management, and implementation approaches.
- Provide leadership and oversight in ensuring compliance of the project activities.
- Initiate appropriate documents for technical assistance, training, and commodities procurement.
- Analyze and report on field data and relevant technical developments related to the Nzatonse project.
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in nursing from a reputable institution.
- At least three years’ experience in Family planning and adolescent health programs
- Experience in mentorship and training will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, CV and copies of relevant Certificates with three traceable referees through email only to email@example.com. Details of this position can also be accessed by visiting www.fpamalawi.org.
The deadline for submission is Friday, 1 December 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that due to volumes of applications we receive; only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and that FPAM does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. FPAM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
FPAM is an equal opportunities employer.