Company: International Potato Center (CIP)
ENUMERATORS-RTC- MARKET BASELINE SURVEY
The International Potato Center (CIP) is looking for experienced Enumerators with excellent data collection skills to provide support to RTC-Market baseline survey.
About the Initiative:
CIP is implementing a four years project on Market-led Transformation of the Root and Tuber Crops Subsector in Malawi (RTC-MARKET) program, 2023 – 2027. The goal of the project is to sustainably increase the contribution of the RTC subsector to the national economy, food and nutrition security, incomes, and employment creation through commercialization of the subsector. It aims to transform and commercialize the RTC subsector by increasing private sector participation in the RTC value chains. The RTC-Market Project plans to reach at least 60,000 value chain actors with market-led interventions by end of the four years. The project will be implemented in the following districts: Nsanje, Mulanje, Blantyre, Lilongwe, Zomba, Mangochi and Salima for OFSP; Dedza, Ntcheu, Lilongwe, Blantyre, Mzimba, Mchinji, Dowa and Ntchisi for potato; and Mzimba, Lilongwe, Kasungu, Blantyre, Salima, Zomba, Nkhota-kota and Nkhata-Bay for cassava.
CIP is conducting a baseline survey to collect data that will be used as a pre-intervention status and to inform general program activities for the RTC-Market project. In this regard, CIP seeks to recruit 8 enumerators for a period of three weeks in January 2023 to conduct data collection for the RTC-Market baseline survey.
CIP, is a member of the One CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future. One CGIAR science is dedicated to transforming food, land and water systems in a climate crisis, and it is carried out by 13 CGIAR Centers/Alliances in close collaboration with hundreds of partners, including national and regional research institutes, civil society organizations, academia, development organizations and the private sector.
About the role
The Enumerators will be responsible for the following responsibilities:
- Assist Monitoring and Evaluations Supervisors in collecting data as per the program requirements for its different markets.
- Engage respondents in assigned locations and collect data based on questionnaires developed and supplied by the program.
- Gather and accurately record responses on questionnaires provided
- Ensure that questionnaires have been thoroughly checked and completed.
- Submit completed questionnaires and other equipment used in fieldwork
- As part of each assignment, participate in briefings, carry out data collection, data entry and/or reporting.
- Report writing on assignments given.