Company: Limbe Leaf Tobacco Company Limited
Limbe Leaf Tobacco Company Limited invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the above position tenable at our Head Office in Lilongwe.
Reporting to the Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality (EHSQ) Manager, the successful candidate will, among other duties, be responsible for the following:
- Ensure that company operations comply with local and state environmental health & safety regulatory requirements and maintains updated permits/licences.
- Coordinate and oversee environmental management systems to ensure compliance to ISO 14001-management system standard.
- Oversee waste management programs, including wastewater treatment.
- Perform regular site environmental compliance and industrial hygiene monitoring.
- Coordinate the identification and implementation of sustainability projects (low carbon and clean energy, low water, and low waste footprint reduction improvement opportunities).
- Work closely with the Engineering department and assist in sustainability projects design and layout.
- Consolidate information and provide a list of potential carbon savings projects, capital investment required,
forecasted energy and greenhouse gas reductions.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring and data collection activities occur to verify the success.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience, and skills
The candidate must have:
- The Candidate should be in possession of a bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering or Renewable Energy or Industrial Engineering.
- Must be between 25 – 40 years of age.
- At least 3 years’ experience in coordinating Environmental engineering projects and EHS management systems, in particular ISO 14001 programs in manufacturing industry.
- Project Management experience is an added advantage.
- Practical knowledge of renewable energy project management is an added advantage.
- Must have excellent communication, analytical and supervisory skills.
- Should be able to work with minimum supervision.
Applications with a copy of the Curriculum Vitae (CV) and two work referees should be submitted not later than 21 November 2023 to:
The Head of Human Resources
Limbe Leaf Tobacco Company Limited
P. O. Box 40044
The company will acknowledge only shortlisted candidates.