Company: AG Care
Assemblies of God Care is a relief organization for the Malawi Assemblies of God Church. Its objective is to serve social needs of stakeholders and complement government effort in mitigating plethora of day in and day out challenges facing indigent masses of citizenry, hence giving them much needed dignity. AG Care was registered on 23 October 2002 under the Trustees Incorporation Act in response to the food crisis that rocked the people of Malawi. Since then, the organization has been implementing humanitarian and development programmes independently and through different consortia.
The main program participants of AG Care interventions are the poor local communities, that are particularly vulnerable, and subject to inequality and excluded; this includes community members without assets that often suffer from climate change shocks with inadequate land, labour, and capital to enhance their livelihoods.
A vacancy has currently risen and applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the
position of Executive Director tenable at its head office in Lilongwe city.
The Executive Director, reporting to Board of Directors, provides vision, leadership, management, and effective high-level representation for AG Care, in line with the established policies, principles and operating practices of AG Care, as well as good management practice and the political, social, cultural, and economic environment of the country.
- Must be a mature practicing Christian
- At least have 5-10 years as a senior manager
- Demonstrable experience handling the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and motivate staff using appropriate people management skills
- Have demonstrable leadership and team building skills.
- Have demonstrable wide knowledge in managing an Institution similar to AG Care.
- Be experienced in results based management.
- Be computer literate (Sage, MS Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Be of high integrity and possess excellent negotiation skills.
- Leading AG Care in Malawi and all its programmes and projects
- Coordinating the activities of AG Care in implementing its Country Strategy
- Mobilization and management of AG Care assets and other resources
- Providing direction and oversight on a range of issues relating to relief, social and economic
development role of AG Care and other stakeholders
- Liaising with the Board of Directors to ensure that AG Care has appropriate levels and quality of staff and management of the same
- Liaising with other stakeholders facilitating or implementing similar activities to those of AG Care
- Representing AG Care at conferences and similar gatherings
- Enhancing publicity of AG Care in Malawi Assemblies of God churches and the general public
- Ensuring optimal local (within Malawi Assemblies of God local churches and ministries) and external coordination of AG Care work
- Facilitating the development of policies, systems and guiding documents for effective management of AG Care You shall ensure prudent use of resources, accountability and good tracking of resources
- Ensuring good document control following revisions or establishment of new policies m)
Responsible for good custody of board transactions , including back up of important organizational documents
- Ensuring good team spirit amongst staff and rallying of individual strengths and skills for the
common good AG Care
- Providing a conducive environment for the growth of a vibrant Senior Management Team at the AG Care Secretariat
- Carry out special staff performance appraisals for the Senior Management Team (SMT) and brief the Board.
- Any other activity as deemed necessary by the Board of Directors.
Education/Knowledge/ Technical Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate should have at least a first degree and preferably a master’s degree or its equivalent either in social sciences, agriculture, development studies, management, finance, economics or any other related area.
- At least 5–10 years in the top management position of a development organisation working in poverty alleviation, livelihoods and climate change adaptationprogrammes with proven initiatives, flexibility, and enthusiasm in managing complex activities in a changing environment.
- Demonstrated senior management expertise, including proven ability to lead and develop the capacities of multi-disciplinary professional team undertaking agriculture, economic empowerment, WASH, climate change and health projects.
- Proven experience in managing complex financial control and management systems.
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic and long-term planning and the ability to ensure that operational plans and activities meet targets and appropriately reflect longer term perspectives.
- Proven experience of working and negotiating with Government officials and Funding Partners at all levels.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to handle sensitive diplomatic and Government level negotiations on matters affecting AG Care programmes
- Sound awareness of the political, social, economic, and historic environment in which AG Care poverty alleviation, WASH, livelihoods and climate change programmes are operating at both national and community levels.
- Sound and up to date knowledge of development concepts with human rights-based approach, methodologies and techniques including demonstrated expertise in at least one specialist development field.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, crisis management, conflict management and risk management skills.
- The capacity to inspire others to give of their best to achieve a desired result, whilst maintaining effective relationships with individuals and teams as a whole and allocating resources
- Strong fund raising skills with the knowledge of donor’s landscape in Southern African countries in general and Malawi in particular.
Method of application
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience should submit their
applications and CVs and provide names and contacts of three traceable referees by 24 December 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will receive feedback. AG Care is an equal opportunity employer, therefore females are encouraged to apply.
- This will be a three year contract and renewable upon satisfactory performance.
- Candidate should be ready to start work on 1 March 2024.
Applicants should send their applications,copies of certificates through email ) or hand delivered to:
The Board Chairperson
Off Paul Kagame Road
P.O. Box 1220