Company: Organization for Sustainable Social and Economic Development Initiatives (OSSEDI) Malawi
Job Title: Field Officer 1
Organization: Organization for Sustainable Social and Economic Development Initiatives (OSSEDI) Malawi
Project: Building Education Foundation through Innovations and Technology (BEFIT)
Funded By: Ministry of Education, Imagine worldwide, JBJ foundation, UBS Optimus and Foundation
Duration: 2023-2029 (6-Year Project)
About OSSEDI: The Organization for Sustainable Social and Economic Development Initiatives (OSSEDI) is a non-profit organization committed to fostering sustainable development in communities. OSSEDI collaborates with local and international partners to implement transformative projects aimed at improving the social and economic well-being of marginalized populations.
About the Project: OSSEDI, in collaboration with the ministry of education, is excited to announce BEFIT program in Nkhatabay and Nkhotakota districts. BEFIT Programme, aims at improving learning outcomes in reading and numeracy through supplemental use of individualized, self-paced instruction delivered through specialized apps on Android tablets in standards 1-4 in all public primary schools in Malawi. The program runs from 2023 to 2029.
Position Overview: OSSEDI is seeking dynamic and highly qualified individuals to join our dedicated team as Field Officer. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to foundation education development in Nkhatabay district playing a pivotal role in the positive transformation of learners, teachers and surrounding communities of public primary schools.
If you are passionate about basic education development, have a keen interest in working with primary schools and possess the skills to engage effectively with local communities, then you are encouraged to apply
- Weekly School Monitoring:
- Conduct regular visits and administer the electronic survey questionnaire to assigned schools to assess the progress of the program.
- Document observations and provide constructive feedback to the teacher and the project coordinator
- Community Sensitization: jointly organize and lead community sensitization events to raise awareness about the project's goals and benefits in order to win community support especially on the elements of securing the provided materials
- Engage with community members and leaders to garner support for the project.
- Prepare accurate and timely weekly and monthly activity reports.
- Ensure that reports are comprehensive and provide insights into project implementation.
- Collaborate with district and community stakeholders, including teachers, school administrators, local government officials, and community leaders.
- Foster positive relationships and maintain open communication channels with all relevant parties.
- Must hold a bachelor's degree in Social sciences or education.
- Possess a valid motorcycle license and demonstrate excellent motorcycle riding skills.
- Display strong interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with diverse community members effectively.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV, a cover letter, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. by [8th January 2024. Please include "Field officer – BEFIT Project" in the subject line.
Deadline for Application: 8Th January 2024
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
OSSEDI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals, including women and persons with disabilities.