Company: Organization for Sustainable Social and Economic Development Initiatives (OSSEDI) Malawi
Job Title: Field Officer (2)
Organization: Organization for Sustainable Social and Economic Development Initiatives (OSSEDI) Malawi
Project: Climate Just Communities (CJC) project in TA Ngokwe, Machinga district
Funded By: Scottish Government through DAI Global UK
Duration: Jan 2024- Mar 2026
Location: Machinga, Malawi
About OSSEDI: Organization for Sustainable Social and Economic Development Initiatives (OSSEDI) is a non-profit organization, committed to fostering sustainable development amongst rural communities. OSSEDI collaborates with local and international partners to implement transformative projects aimed at improving the social and economic well-being of marginalized masses.
About the Project: with funding from the Scottish government through DAI Global UK, OSSEDI will be facilitating implementation of CJC project in close collaboration with Machinga district council in TA Ngokwe. The project will ultimately contribute to a just transition and demonstrate the value of the locally-led adaptation model.
Position Overview: OSSEDI is seeking dynamic and highly qualified individuals to join our dedicated team as Field Officers. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to sustainable development and community resilience in Machinga, playing a pivotal role in the positive transformation of lives in TA Ngokwe.
If you are passionate about community development, have a keen interest in community development, building community resilience and possess the skills to engage effectively with local communities, then you are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor's degree in Agriculture Economics, Social Sciences, Natural Resources Management, or any relevant professional field.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in building community resilience to climate change shocks and community engagement
- Strong communication and report writing skills.
- Knowledge of Yao language will be considered a valuable asset.
- Valid motorcycle riding license is mandatory.
- Execute on-the-ground activities for the Resilience Building Project, ensuring adherence to project Theory of Change.
- Foster positive relationships with local communities, facilitating collaboration and understanding for effective project implementation.
- Conduct training sessions for community members on sustainable practices, agricultural techniques, enterprise development and resource management.
- Collaborate and networking with Machinga district council and other project stakeholders for efficient and effective delivery of the CJC project.
- Prepare comprehensive reports detailing project progress, challenges, and success stories for internal and external stakeholders.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV, a cover letter, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com by Friday, 12th January, 2024]. Please include "Field Officer Application - CJC Project" in the subject line.
Deadline for Application: 12th January,2024
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
OSSEDI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals, including women and persons with disabilities.