Company: Circle for Integrated Community Development (CICOD)
CLIMATE JUSTICE COMMUNITIES (CJC)
Circle for Integrated Community Development (CICOD) is a Non Governmental Organisation established in 2004 to empower local communities to determine their own development needs through active participation.
It envisions a Malawian society where communities are empowered to address their own development needs
through active participation. CICOD aims to empower the poor, vulnerable and marginalized communities and
households to take a leading and active role in challenging and reducing poverty using integrated rights-based
programming. CICOD anticipates to implement a three year (2023- 2026) Climate Just Communities Project funded by Scottish Government in Phalombe district.CICOD, therefore, invites applications from interested and qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer (1 Position)
Reports to: CJC Project Coordinator
Location: Phalombe District
- Carrying out day-to- day financial transactions for a field office.
- Managing and processing the cash for the office, which also involves maintaining a cash book and cash recap on a monthly basis.
- Handles disbursement of all payment requests by entering all transactions in a spreadsheet, correctly and in a timely manner.
- The incumbent is also responsible for preparation of bank reconciliation statements on a monthly basis and retirement of floats. The incumbent is also responsible for timely filing of paperwork for all financial
- Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related discipline.
- Five years’ experience working in accounting field.
Method of applications
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications and CVs and provide names and contacts of three traceable referees to CICOD by 19th January, 2024 using firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate on the email subject the post which you are applying for. Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated.
CICOD is an equal opportunity employer which considers all applications based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, tribe, marital status or disability.CICOD is committed to Safeguarding people within its programmes from Exploitation and Abuse and has specific policies on this commitment which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives. All new hires in CICOD are required to complete a Self-Declaration Form and sign up to the Code of Conduct contained in CICOD’s Safeguarding policy.