The Malawi Revenue Authority (MRA), an organization entrusted with the assessment, collection, and accounting for tax revenues for the Malawi Government is inviting applications
from suitably qualified candidates to fill vacant positions in the Finance Division tenable at its various stations.
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Reporting To : Team Leader - Region Office
Location: Various MRA Stations
Grade : E3
Organisational Unit : Finance Division
- Receipting revenues and income and ensure timely posting in the systems.
- Compiling and submission of revenue collection reports to Head office and Collection Station Management on a daily basis by the set time
- Carrying out revenue reconciliation on a daily basis and timely resolving any noted discrepancies.
- Preparing revenue returns on a daily basis and timely submitting the same to the designated offices..
- Managing and accounting for Station imprest and ensure all expenditures are in line with the Station’s approved budget and appropriately approved.
- Providing timely and insightful financial reports to Station Management.
- Ensuring that accounts documents are filed properly
- Maintaining proper records of cash and all security documents, and ensure they are safeguarded.
- Any other duties assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants should have the following qualifications and experience:
- A Minimum Bachelor degree in Accountancy or related field from a recognized university/College
- A minimum of 1-year experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Working effectively unsupervised and within a team environment
- Hardworking, versatile and result oriented.
Interested candidates should submit their application through MRA recruitment portal: https://careers.mra.mw
Closing date for receiving applications is 19th December 2023.