Company: mothers2mothers (m2m)
mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across ten sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower women living with HIV to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 11,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
To provide technical financial, logistical and operational support to the Country Office Finance operations in
line with m2m financial policies and procedures and acceptable International Financial Accounting Standards, in close liaison with the Country Senior Finance Officer
Key Performance Areas:
Implementation of finance and administrative processes
- Maintain the established finance processes
- Review financial transactions for completeness and adherence to m2m policies & guidelines.
- Maintain the filing and archiving system for finance and supporting documentation in compliance with set standards
- Provide support to audit and other financial review processes, through retrieval of required documentation
- Provide logistical support i.e accommodation and transport bookings
- Provide confirmation to service providers to render services and/or goods upon approved requests
- Assist with the month-end and year end close activities
- Enter invoices into the Accounting system and allocate them against purchase orders
- Work with the Senior Country Finance Officer to address supplier queries regarding payments
- Provide clerical support in maintaining and updating supplier information and do relevant background checks and terrorist/debarment checks
- Setup payments into the banking system for submission
- Perform regular vendor account reconciliations
- Ensure all Purchase Orders are closed at the end of every month, within set timelines.
- Preparation of payment vouchers and other financial related documents
- Obtain signatures for all finance related documents
- Ensure all vouchers are supported
- Process Payment Requisitions and related staffadvances
- Compile staff liquidations for review by Country Finance Officer
- Enter all expenses into the accounting system (Reimbursements and/or advance liquidations)
- Review all payment requests to ensure all conditions for payment are met.
Revenue/Income, Debtors and cash book management
- Manage the petty cash process and balance petty cash monthly
- Review of all Mobile Money transactions to ensure they meet all conditions for payment and pass them for approval
- In collaboration with the Senior Country Finance Officer, regularly update the asset register,
- In collaboration with the Senior Country Finance Officer conduct bi-annual asset verification to ascertain asset condition.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or related field from an accredited University
- Those with accounting professional qualification will have added advantage
- At least 2 years’ work experience in a related role preferably in an International NGO or Audit firm
- Previous experience in online payment system
- Previous experience from working in complex and dynamic contexts
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheets and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work on own and within various teams;
• High level of integrity
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Meticulous, with a high degree of attention to detail
• Able to follow through results to the end
• Able to work in and deliver results in a high-pressure environment
• Committed to continuous learning and development
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living
with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://mothers2mothers.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/1049 by 22nd February 2024