Company: Macroeconomic and Financial Management Institute of Eastern and Southern Africa (MEFMI)
VACANCY – FINANCE MANAGER
The Macroeconomic and Financial Management Institute of Eastern and Southern Africa (MEFMI) is a regionally owned Institute with 14 member countries, currently: Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Eswatini, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Established in 1997, MEFMI was founded with the view to building sustainable capacity in identified key areas in ministries of finance, planning commissions and central banks, or equivalent institutions.
MEFMI strives to improve sustainable human and institutional capacity in the critical areas of macroeconomic and financial management; foster best practices in related institutions; and bring emerging risks and opportunities to the fore among executive level officials. MEFMI seeks to achieve, within its member countries, prudent macroeconomic management, competent and efficient management of public finances, sound, efficient and stable financial sectors and stable economies with strong and sustained growth. The MEFMI Secretariat is based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified nationals of MEFMI member countries to fill the post of Finance Manager
Reporting to the Director Finance and Administration, the Finance Manager is responsible for capturing financial information, analysing it and preparing timely financial reports to facilitate management decision. The role supports the work of the Director Finance and Administration.
Key Performance Areas
- Ensures frequent review of internal controls and risk assessment including review of policies and procedures and quarterly risk reporting.
- Assists the Director Finance and Administration in providing strategic direction to the Finance Department.
- Coordinates with the main Programme Departments, Information Technology, Human Resources and Public Relations functions to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Ensures compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and other regulations by establishing financial management systems, transparent financial and reporting procedures, operational controls, policies and procedures.
- Assists in the coordination of the preparation of financial plans and budgets in accordance with the Institute’s work plans and programmes.
- Manages the reporting for various co-operating partners.
- Manages and controls the Institute’s financial resources and other assets to ensure sound financial management and operations.
- Oversees the preparation of financial reports including annual audited financial statements.
Qualifications and Experience
a) At least a Degree in Finance,Accounting, Business Studies or equivalent.
b) Working knowledge of Pastel.
c) Professional qualification like ACCA, CA, CIMA, etc is a prerequisite.
d) At least 5 years progressive experience in financial management role.
e) A relevant master’s degree is an added advantage.
Desirable skills and attributes
The following will be added advantages:
a) Supervisory experience including coaching and team formation.
b) Experience of working in a multicultural professional environment.
a) Strong qualitative, quantitative and analytical skills.
b) Excellent written (report writing)and verbal skills.
c) Leadership skills and ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
d) Cooperation and Team Spirit.
e) Strong interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate will be appointed on a fixed term contract of three (3)years, renewable subject to performance. On offer is an attractive remuneration package which includes a tax-free salary paid in US dollars which is competitive with other similar organisations.
Location and Language
The position is located at the Institute’s Secretariat in Harare, Zimbabwe and the official language of the Institute is English. A working knowledge of Portuguese would be an added advantage.
Applications should be submitted by 16th February, 2024.
MEFMI is an equal opportunities employer and both male and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please send your applications to email@example.com. At this stage, applicants are requested to only email their updated CV and cover letter (no certificates).
No hard copy applications will be entertained. Please indicate the position you are applying for.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.