Company: Golden Gate Memorial School
Golden Gate Memorial School is an equal opportunity employer providing early childhood and primary education. Located at Biwi, in the capital city, Lilongwe, the school has been in operational existence for at least twenty years. The school is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions that have arisen at the school:
Post: Finance Officer
Grade: GGM 03
Reporting to: Principal
Overall responsibilities are overseeing and coordination of all financial activities or tasks; maintaining and administering financial accounting and book-keeping systems to ensure prudent financial management of the school.
Duties / Tasks
- Preparing books of accounts
- Facilitating the design, review, and implementation of Internal Control Systems for transparent and accountable handling of all funds of the school.
- Preparing annual budgets for the whole school in consultation and collaboration with the Principal.
- Producing and administering pay-roll, MRA taxes (withholding tax, provisional tax, income tax) accurately and timely.
- Preparing monthly management accounts to strict deadlines and submitting the same to Senior Management Team (SMT) for management decisions.
- Making monthly bank reconciliations that must be approved by the Principal and the Managing Director (MD).
- Supervising and supporting the Accounts Assistant (Cashier).
- Preparing financial statements.
- Ensuring that up-to-date Fixed Asset Register is established and maintained.
- Facilitating quarterly or termly and annual stock-taking of all school facilities.
- Advising the SMT on the financial status of the school.
- Facilitating procurement of goods/services by coordinating all procurement activities
- Organizing cash deposits regularly and ensuring that all cash is banked intact. Once a week, arranging the banking by providing cash position and taking the cash to the bank.
- Daily balancing of cash and depositing and Updating all records on daily basis
- Spot-checking in classes for nonpayment of fees done regularly after the week grace period.
- Spot-checking during the time of receiving meals by verification of receipts.
- Any other relevant duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualification and experience
- The eligible applicants should have a Diploma in Accounting certificate from a reputable institution.
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience.
- Excellent computer skills.
Those who fulfil the requirements should submit their written applications, curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three traceable referees and copies of certificates to the following address:
Golden Gate Memorial School
P O Box 1006
- WhatsApp: 0981315692 OR
- E-mail: email@example.com
The closing date of receiving applications is Thursday, 4th January, 2024, 17:00 hours. Any application received later than this date shall not be processed.