Company: St John Malawi
St John Malawi is a non-profit organization with a dedicated team of volunteers working to deliver first aid and healthcare services to vulnerable members of the community in Malawi. We provide commercial first aid services and deliver health focused community health projects supported by donors.St John seeks a new staff member to be part of the team in a small and friendly Office.
First Aid Training/Assistant Officer – St John Malawi
Support first aid services department in marketing, organizing and conducting first aid courses training in line with the Mission statement and Vision of St John Ambulance of being a global leader in first aid services and healthcare provision.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of First Aid Services and Sales (HoT)
- Facilitate training courses, events and services for First Aid Services and Sales department
- Ensure first aid training materials/ equipment are kept safe and clean at all times
- Conduct customers/clients visitation and linkages for first aid services
- Develop annual and quarterly work plans and execution of the same in liaison with the head of department
- Conduct marketing and sales activities of First Aid Supplies and Services.
- Facilitate establishment of first aid clubs in schools and communities; and conduct awareness of first aid services
- Assist in the development of departmental annual business plan
- Support and supervise brigade volunteers in their respective divisions
- Write and submit monthly and quarterly reports to the Head of First Aid Services and Sales
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- A minimum of Medical/Public Health/Nursing Degree, with at least2 years’ work experience in trainingand those with ICT Skills will an added advantage;
- Experience in marketing and clients/customers handling for trainings a MUST;
- Good verbal communication, report writing and presentation skills in English;
- Self-motivated and the ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Ability to work with others and to maintain compatibility among staff, customers and partners;
- Working understanding of NGO operations and business cycle;
- Ability to identify needs and pro-actively make improvements
HOW TO APPLY
Application deadline: 12:00 noon on Friday 22nd December 2023.
The application should be sent as follows:
- E-mail subject line: Training/Assistant Officer Recruitment
- Attach the following:
- a covering letter up to one page long, outlining your relevant experience and your most recent salary and benefits package, and;
- a brief CV
- Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
St John Malawi is committed to equal opportunity and will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s religion, gender, age, race, colour, national origin or disability.