Company: HAIL & Cotton (Malawi) Limited
HAIL & COTTON (Malawi) LIMITED, a fully owned subsidiary of HAIL & COTTON International B.V. based in Netherlands, a company that supplies premium leaf tobacco and value-added services to manufacturers of tobacco products worldwide, is urgently looking for a proactive individual with a strong sense of responsibility and the ability to work collaboratively with people of different profiles.
The Full-Stack Developer will actively work with business teams to define requirements, understand the company’s needs, and develop systems that truly meet those needs.
- The incumbent will serve as a representative of the global systems development team in Malawi, acting as a bridge between technology and business and helping ensure the proper execution of local projects.
- Additionally, the role will actively participate in development projects and provide support to group units in other countries, which may require international travel.
- To develop and maintain web applications, focusing on a high-level user experience.
- To collaborate with multifunctional teams to understand and translate requirements into technical solutions.
- To participate in the architecture and design processes, contributing to shaping our solutions.
- To conduct testing and debugging processes to ensure code robustness and security.
- To adopt established development standards and conventions defined by the team, ensuring consistency and compatibility across projects.
- To assist the development team in implementing new projects and updates.
- To stay updated on web development trends and best practices to incorporate them into our projects.
- To provide support to users of our applications.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/IS or an equivalent qualification and must be proficient in English.
- At least two (2) years’ experience of working in a busy office.
- Knowledge of the tobacco industry and attention to detail
- Frontend: React, Next.js, Apollo Client
- Backend: Node.js, Apollo Server
- Data Query Language: GraphQL
- Object-Relational Mapping: Sequelize ORM
- Database: MongoDB
- Version Control: Git
An attractive package will be offered to the successful candidates.
Applications with a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of certificates, and names and contact details of three traceable and reputable referees should reach the undersigned no later than Wednesday, 31st January, 2024.
The Human Resources Manager
HAIL & COTTON (Malawi) LIMITED
P.O. Box 40214
Please clearly mark on the envelope/email ‘Full-Stack Developer’
HAIL & COTTON is an equal opportunities employer, however, only short-listed applicants who meet the above specifications will be contacted regarding interviews.