Company: Dedza Catholic Commission for Justice (Dedza CCJP)
Dedza Catholic Commission for Justice (Dedza CCJP) being a social, advocacy and lobbying arm of the diocese of Dedza Diocese. It was established in 1997 by the diocese of Dedza in order to participate in the process of consolidating political change and contribute towards the creation of a just and peaceful society in Dedza Diocese where people’s rights and dignity of humanity are respected at all times. Dedza CCJP in partnership with MISEREOR invites application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions tenable at its Matumba Sub-Office and Dedza Diocese Treasury Office.
Job Titles : Gender Programmes Officer (1 position) and Safe Guarding Officer (1 Position)
Reports to : Programme Manager
Location : Dedza-Matumba CCJP Sub-Office
Duration : 1 year contract -renewable
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Sensitization, awareness creation and community mobilization on Gender and Safe Guarding activities
- Ensure timely and high quality delivery of the Gender and Safe Guarding interventions of the project which include Preparation of Gender Sensitive budgets, Savings and Loans groups management, and general mainstreaming strategies.
- Participate in meetings to share progress on Gender and Safeguarding interventions with stakeholders
- Produce periodic and timely project progress reports as required by the Programme Manager
- Ensure timely implementation of all the planned actions on Gender and Safeguarding interventions in accordance with the annual work plans and budget.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Community Development and Gender Studies or any related field.
- Experience of not less than 5 years in relevant field
- Experience in community mobilization and participatory approaches
- Computer literate and ability to work with tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of community governance structures
- Willingness to work and stay in remote areas of Dedza
- Licensed motor cycle riding.
Those with the necessary experience are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications with detailed and concise CV that provide traceable records, contact phone numbers and three traceable referees must be forwarded to the following address by close of business on 9th February 2024. Only short listed applicants will be contacted, Dedza CCJP is an equal opportunity employer and qualified ladies are encouraged to apply.
Dedza Diocese Internal Procurement Committee
P. O. Box 80