Company: Mighty Wanderers Football Club
Reporting to: Technical Director
1.0 JOB OPPORTUNITY
The Mighty Wanderers Football Club (WFC) was founded in 1962 and it is one of the biggest and most successful football clubs in Malawi. WFC invites applications from result-oriented, highly motivated, committed, disciplined, patient and qualified persons with proven hands-on football coaching knowledge and experience to fill the full-time position of Head Coach.
The position’s responsibilities include leading training sessions, providing motivation and advice during gameplay, developing game plans, attending tryouts, as well as scheduling team meetings.
He should be able to identify the individual abilities of each player and provide one-toone coaching wherever required to derive maximum output.
He should demonstrate great love for the team, and be able to foster good sportsmanship in all players.
2.0 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
Without limiting the generality thereof, the duties and responsibilities include but not limiting to: –
- Maintain a safe, motivating, positive, and professional work environment
- Recommend player recruitment, retention, and coaching staff changes
- Mentor players with career planning
- Provide constructive feedback to players and management
- Track game statistics to prepare for future games
- Mentor and develop players
- Manage team budget
- Conducting research and analysing previous games to develop game plans, tactics, techniques, formations, and strategies.
- Determining individual player abilities, strengths, and weaknesses, and factoring these into the gameplay and strategy sessions.
- Establishing rules and regulations and ensuring players are familiar with them.
- Fostering good sportsmanship in all team players, resolving disputes, and addressing bad behaviour in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all sports equipment is available and in working order.
- Work with players to improve individual performance
- Coaching players during practices, games, and competitions
- Developing game plans for practices and games
- Maintain detailed records of player performance
- Develop key relationships and liaise with coaches, parents, administration, and players
- Host practice, game, and competition training sessions
- Position players during games and competitions
- Maintain and improve player performance
- Identify and recruit new team members
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the major functions of the position and should not be considered a complete description of the essential functions of the position. This description in the advert is not intended to be all inclusive. The coach will be assigned by superiors to perform other duties as needed or to perform other reasonable related duties.
3.0 JOB QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIREMENTS AND ATRIBUTES
- CAF A or equivalent licence
- Verifiable achievements in the past five years to include winning a national league and at least two national cups
- Good communication skills both written and verbal;
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships;
- A keen eye for detail and desire to develop home grown talent
- Familiarity with fitness and exercise science
4.0 Interested individuals who meet the above requirements should submit their applications, copies of Certificates and updated CVs to the following: –
The Chief Executive Officer,
The Mighty Wanderers Football Club 2021 Limited,
P O Box 30060, Chichiri,
or through E-mail: email@example.com
CVs should clearly indicate email and phone contacts of at least three (3) traceable referees one of whom should be a former or current employer. Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
Application deadline is, 20th January 2024.
Wanderers is an equal opportunity employer