Company: Centenary Bank
HEAD OF CREDIT – (TENABLE AT HEAD OFFICE, LILONGWE)
Job Profile for the Position:
This is a senior management position and requires a self-motivated, analytical, decisive individual who aligns team performance for success. The individual should have demonstrable extensive knowledge of Credit risk management.
To manage the Bank’s overall credit portfolio and the Bank’s overall credit risk management function with respect to new and revised credit, credit after-sell care, credit training and credit policies and procedures, and to have overall responsibility for all credit facilities, and Legal collections, general reporting, and Basel Il reporting.
The key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
I. Custodian and driver of Credit Policy and Strategy
- Recommend revisions to the bank’s credit policies at least once per annum.
- Stay abreast of new developments and approaches with respect to Credit Management.
- Continuously assess and adjust the Bank’s credit strategy according to market needs and trends.
- Manage the credit mandates of all Managers delegated with credit management responsibility.
2. Reporting and Administration:
- Manage all aspects of reporting at Credit Department and Legal Collections level.
- Manage all aspects of administration in Credit Department and Legal Collections.
- Receive and review monthly reports as identified from time-to-time (e.g., monthly report from branches).
- Report monthly on irregularities by branches and the Corporate Banking Division as observed from daily activities to Executive Management.
- Submit daily disbursement and collection reports to Executive Management.
3. Credit Assessment and Aftercare
- Assess all credit proposals within your own allocated mandate.
- Manage the Bank’s irregular credit facilities with respect to amounts and numbers for all asset products.
- Manage and limit the amount of provisions and bad debts in line with set targets.
4. Legal Collections and Actions
- Increase the amount of collections to the optimum levels.
- Manage and enhance the recovery of bad debts.
- Prompt liaison with the Bank’s lawyers in enforcing the hard recovery of bad debts and submitting reports thereon.
5. People management
- Provide effective leadership to staff under direct supervision.
- Provide on-the-job training and development to staff.
- To plan for resource allocation for the department.
- Carry out performance appraisals for staff in the department
- Coach or mentor staff to improve their performance on a regular basis.
Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Accountancy, or a qualified ACCA or CIMA with at least 10 years’ experience in the Credit Department and 5 years at senior management level. Those with a Master’s Degree will have an added advantage.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Applications for the Position:
Interested applicants, with the required qualifications and experience should submit their applications, along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with the names of three traceable referees, to the:
P.O. Box 31567
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Tuesday 23rd January 2024.
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.