Company: United Civil Servants SACCO
The United Civil Servants SACCO is member-owned institution dedicated to offering a diverse array of savings and credit products to civil servants, corporate organizations as well as SME’s in Malawi, our mission is to transform the socio-economic lives of all Malawians. With projected business growth for 2024 in alignment with our strategic plan spanning from 2022 to 2026, we are actively seeking individuals passionate about fostering positive change in their community and country. We invite applications from candidates driven to contribute to the socio-economic improvement of their society and nation through the United Civil Servants SACCO.
Post: Head of Finance
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Employment Type: Contract
Tenure: 3 Years
The Head of Finance is responsible for the overall financial health of the organization, providing strategic financial leadership and guidance. This role involves overseeing financial planning, budgeting, reporting, and analysis to support informed decision-making. The Head of Finance collaborates with other senior executives and stakeholders to ensure financial goals align with the organization's overall objectives.
Major duties and responsibilities
1.Financial Strategy and Planning:
- Develop and implement the organization's financial strategy in alignment with business objectives.
- Lead the annual budgeting process, ensuring financial plans support the company's goals.
- Provide financial forecasts and models to support strategic decision-making.
2. Financial Reporting and Analysis:
- Oversee the preparation of accurate and timely financial reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct financial analysis, identifying trends, variances, and opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure compliance with accounting principles, standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Provide monthly analysis of all relevant activities against objectives and identify financial risk areas and mitigating actions.
3. Cash Management:
- Manage and optimize the organization's cash flow to meet operational needs.
- Implement effective cash management strategies and oversee treasury functions.
4. Risk Management:
- Identify and assess financial risks and implement risk mitigation strategies.
- Monitor market trends and external factors that may impact the organization's financial health.
5. Compliance and Governance:
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations and reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors to facilitate audits and reviews.
6. Financial Systems and Processes:
- Evaluate and improve financial systems and processes to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Implement best practices in financial management and reporting.
7. Stakeholder Communication:
- Communicate financial information and insights effectively to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure financial alignment with overall business strategies.
8. Team Leadership:
- Build and lead a high-performing finance team.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and professional development opportunities for finance department staff.
Qualifications & Key Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or a related field those with Master’s degree will have an added advantage
- Professional certification such as ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Proven 3 years’ experience in a senior finance role, preferably as a Chief Finance Officer or Finance Director.
- Highest integrity levels
- Ability to analyse, report and recommend strategic and operational actions to address or improve financial management.
- Creative and proactive problem solverTop of Form
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills to effectively meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and communication skillsBottom of Form
United civil servants Sacco is an equal opportunity employer.
Method of Application:
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should send their application letters with a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) with at least three (3) traceable references plus copies of certificates including MSCE not later than 20th January 2024, to:
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.