Company: Mary's Meals Malawi
Mary’s Meals is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education. We continue to change the lives of 2.4 million children who today will receive a Mary’s Meals. Mary’s Meals Malawi is our largest school feeding programme, and we work closely with schools and community volunteers who help prepare and serve the nutritious meals every school day.
Marys Meals Malawi is looking for energetic and motivated applicants for the position of:
Head of Programme (Permanent Position based in Blantyre)
To provide inspirational and impactful leadership of Mary’s Meals programme team. The role takes the overall strategic responsibility on ensuring development and evolution of our programme, particularly in the areas of our programmatic delivery model, including quality and operations. The role will work in a highly collaborative manner across our global programmes team and other functions to achieve the objectives of ensuring highly effective systems, processes and tools are implemented and robust governance. The role will lead a team and serve as an integral member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and identify, lead and support key projects. A measure of success will be ensuring programme delivery continues to evolve strongly to enable the growth and quality needed to help Mary’s Meals achieve our vision.
- A Degree qualification, with a relevant post qualification experience. A postgraduate degree in a relevant subject will be an added advantage.
- Strong commitment to Mary’s Meals vision, mission and values
- At least 3 years’ proven experience of strong leadership of a function, and in coaching and developing high performing teams and individuals in an NGO setting.
- Strategic thinker, with experience of developing and delivering strategy in a complex environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels.
- Experience of monitoring, evaluating, learning and reporting against agreed strategy and plans
- Strong analytical skills and effective financial management experience
- Strong cultural sensitivity, with an ability to work well with a wide range of people in many different contexts.
- Experience of international development, knowledge of the place of school feeding, and working in international environments and teams
- Strong experience of liaising with community groups and government
- Experience working in emergencies.
- Clean Manual 4X4 driving license
We are a values-driven organisation, we believe in the innate goodness of people, respect the dignity of every human being and family life and believe in good stewardship of the resources entrusted to us. In line with our values, we are fully committed to a culture of safeguarding. Our safe recruitment practices ensure that only those that are committed to our high standards join our movement. Our selection process includes rigorous background checks to ensure our commitment to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
If you would like to join our global family and would relish the chance to make a difference to the lives of thousands of children across the world, we’d love to hear from you.
Applications stating expected net salary and CV (including contacts for three professional referees) should be e-mailed to email@example.com indicating the position title and applicant’s name in the subject line. All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name. Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. Deadline for receipt of applications is at 16:30 on 19th January 2024. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For full job description please visit www.marysmeals.org