Company: NBS Bank Plc
NBS Bank Plc invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates to fill the following vacancy tenable at the Bank’s Head Office in Blantyre.
HEAD OF TRANSACTIONAL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate’s responsibility will be to develop, review, execute and manage the Transactional Products (Retail and Corporate) and Services for the Bank in line with the Strategy and customer insights.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following, among other responsibilities:
- Researches and understands the market in terms of size, market share, structure, potential, customer segmentation, buyer behaviours and competitor analysis within the country, for the relevant product sets.
- Participates in the annual identification and development of the long and short term Strategy and Business Plans for the Bank.
- Analyses the business growth, development and performance (innovation, regulatory changes, customer and risk and compliance requirements) for inclusion into the Annual Operating Plans for the Bank, especially where product and service offerings are concerned.
- Reviews, analyses, justifies and consolidates the budget (CAPEX and OPEX) requirements for transactional Products and Services received from the Products Manager and Trade Finance & Cash Management Manager.
- Reviews and approves Transactional Products and Services departmental requisitions and ensures implementation of cost containment measures.
- Develops and updates short term and long term sales and product plans, focusing on customers, competition, profitability, product life.
- Monitors and manages products sales performance, utilization levels in line with sales targets and budgets.
- Sets targets and executes strategies for Balance Sheet growth and discusses these with Managers.
- Approves products and services promotions and campaigns for execution in liaison with Head Marketing and Customer Experience.
- Approves the suitability of an appropriate product and proposals in line with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Reviews products pricing structures, including impact of concessions or non-standard pricing, and implementation of approved pricing and recommends changes to the Pricing Committee.
- Develops and updates draft term sheets for facilities, discusses with clients and submits recommendations.
- Reviews and recommends changes to internal processes, procedures to products, product development, pricing and offering of transactional services.
- Defines the road map for the Products and Services relevant to the current market demand, and to the identified future growth areas, as per the Business targets and financial budget.
- Manages the overall product mix and the contribution of each product and service to the Bank’s business.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Banking, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or equivalent.
- Eight (8) years’ experience in Banking, Finance or related environment, four (4) of which should be in managerial level especially in an area of credit origination.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Ability to lead, manage and develop staff and employees.
- Ability to identify, communicate and ensure implementation of the agreed business objectives for the relevant unit.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and able to clearly present complex situations.
- Ability to plan and organise medium to long term ahead.
- Ability to analyse and solve complex problems to achieve the correct outcomes.
- Sound business acumen, resourceful and be a lateral thinker.
- Ability to negotiate, interact and achieve targets.
Candidates meeting the above minimum requirements and are interested in the job should send their applications and up-dated CVs with names of three (3) traceable and reputable referees, and copies of certificates, to the following address:
Head of Human Resources
NBS Bank Plc
P.O. Box 32251
Chichiri, Blantyre 3
Or alternatively, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 15th December 2023. Only short-listed applicants shall be acknowledged.