Company: Timotheos Foundation
Timotheos Foundation is a local Malawian Christian Charity whose main objective is to support and care for orphans and other vulnerable children in Malawi. It was established on 1st September 2011 and officially registered under the Trustees incorporation act of Malawi on 3rd July 2012. We are affiliated with CONGOMA as well as the NGO Board of Malawi. As Primary schools of our organization are in a growth stage, Timotheos Foundation is in the process of recruiting additional members of staff to cater to the needs of its beneficiaries.
POSITION: HEAD TEACHERS FOR PRIMARY SCHOOLS (2)
The successful candidates shall be posted at Nyamithuthu, Chinomba Village, Group Village Headman Ntondo, T/A Tengani, Nsanje, and Mbulumbuzi Bokosi Village, Group Village Headman Ndembe T/A Mpama, Chiradzulu,
The candidates shall, among other things, participate in the preparation of schemes of work and lesson plans from the approved curriculum. Teaching Bible lessons, continuous assessment of the learners’ performance, and timely production of school reports. Participation in teachers’ meetings and/or any other meetings as required by the school management for the smooth running of the institution.
Status of the contract: One year, renewable depending on performance and conduct.
- Be a faithful and responsible Christians who are a genuine example to others.
- Dedicated and flexible team players who will not settle for less than excellence in all undertakings.
- Presentable, well-behaved, sober.
- The job requires candidates with decisional and interpersonal skills.
- Must be one who has not been convicted or disciplined for any offence.
- Self-starter who works under minimum supervision
- Demonstrate dedication to work and efficiency and effectiveness in dealing with duties assigned.
- The candidate must be experienced, mature, sane and exemplary to the learners.
- The job requires candidates who are really willing to work with underprivileged people and be prepared for opportunity costing since they will be alienated from town life and styles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Not exhaustive
- Provide effective leadership in the school
- Preparing schemes and records of work as well as lesson plans
- Maintaining class records e.g. attendance, scholastic and period registers.
- Compiling tests results.
- Participate in disciplinary committee meetings (when required)
- Coordinating with the administration on class related issues.
- Maintaining discipline and classroom cleanliness.
- Ensuring that teaching and learning is taking place .
- Providing counseling and guidance to learners.
EDUCATION AND WORK QUALIFICATION
- The Candidate must possess an MSCE
- Must have a minimum qualification of a T2 obtained from a reputable TTC in Malawi with a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience as a Head Teacher
- The job requires someone who can communicate very well in both English and Chichewa Languages.
- Must possess all qualities of a good leader.
- Understanding the duties and tasks of a Primary School Head Teacher.
- Be able to promote the Christian identity of the organization.
- Must be between 35 to 50 years old.
- Salary will be commensurate with the grade and scope of the post indicated, as shall be laid out in the contract of employment.
HOW TO APPLY
All qualified and interested candidates who meet the stated requirements must submit their application letters, current Curriculum Vitae indicating three traceable referees, copies of relevant certificates, and the National Identity Card to email@example.com or the following address by post:
The Human Resources Manager
P.O. Box 30221
Hand delivery can be done through our Head Office at Chichiri close to Christ Embassy Church or our Child Care Centers.
Note: Closing date for the receipt of completed application letters is Midnight of Monday 15th January 2024.
Please take note that only shortlisted candidates shall be acknowledged.