Company: National Oil Company of Malawi (NOCMA)
The National Oil Company of Malawi (NOCMA) whose main objective is to ensure security of fuel supply in Malawi is a wholly owned Malawi Government Company established under the Company’s Act of 1984 on the 10th of December 2010 and commenced its operations in 2012. NOCMA is responsible for managing the Country’s 60 million litres Strategic Fuel Reserves facilities situated in Blantyre, Lilongwe and Mzuzu, and smaller depots in Chilumba, Chipoka and Mchinji.
Over the past thirteen (13) years, the Company has grown tremendously in its national strategic importance with its fuel importation market share growing from ten percent (10%) in 2015 to an average of sixty-five percent (65%) in 2023/2024 and this has been matched with growth in institutional capacity and investments to enable efficiency and effectiveness in executing its mandate.
In its drive to ensure improved and sustained efficiency and effectiveness in delivery of its mandate, NOCMA is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following highly rewarding positions that have arisen within the Company.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer to the right candidates with prospects for career growth within the oil industry.
Applications are therefore invited for the following position:
HEALTH, SAFETY, ENVIRONMENT, AND QUALITY ASSURANCE OFFICER (NOC06)
Code: HSEQAO2024 – Tenable at Head Office in Lilongwe
To manage Health, Safety, Environmental, and Quality Assurance services, ensuring compliance with industry standards, laws, and regulations, and promoting a safe and sustainable working environment.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enforce depot compliance with applicable industrial, statutory, and city/municipal standards, laws, and regulations.
- Conduct HSEQA induction for employees, visitors, and contractors.
- Coordinate/facilitate depot HSEQ trainings, toolbox talks, and general awareness sessions for staff and stakeholders.
- Conduct depot SEQA inspections to monitor overall compliance to NOCMA’s HSEQ policies and procedures.
- Record, report, and coordinate incidents investigations at the depot under the guidance of the HSEQA Manager.
- Implement depot Emergency Response Plans.
- Perform hazard identification and risk assessment for projects, seeking necessary approvals from relevant authorities.
- Carry out quality control checks on the receipt and dispatch of products at the depot.
- Ensure monthly tank product quality tests are conducted.
- Monitor environmental compliance activities at the depot.
- Prepare monthly HSEQ reports.
- Conduct any relevant duties related to the job as assigned.
REPORTING LINES AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY
The Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality Assurance Officer reports to the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Assurance Manager. The post has no supervisory responsibility.
The required candidate should have the following competences, skills, and attributes:
- Planning and organizing ability in planning and organizing for delivery of required outputs.
- Communication and reporting – ability to prepare and present professionally researched papers that comply with standard policies and other requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Environmental Health, Environmental Sciences, Chemical Engineering, or any related field, from an accredited institution.
- Full & current membership of a relevant professional body is an added advantage.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ cumulative work experience, three (3) of which should have been spent at the same level in a similar role.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience should send applications with cover letter, copies of certificates, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), names, addresses and phone contact numbers of three traceable referees to the following address:
The Chief Executive Officer
National Oil Company of Malawi
4th Floor, Kang’ombe House, City Centre
Private Bag 370
Attention: The Human Resources & Administration Manager
Applicants should state clearly on the envelope or in the subject line of an email, the Code for the Post they are applying for.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 10th February 2024
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as NOCMA is committed to achieving relevant gender ratios stipulated in the Gender Equality Act, 2013.