Company: Ruth’s Shawl Inc.
Ruth’s Shawl started through the prayers of a group of women in Central California. Eventually those same women formed the original Board of Directors of Ruth’s Shawl. Now our current Board of Directors oversees the operations of Ruth’s Shawl and the work of our missionaries and supporting the team in Malawi, Africa. AS God leads and provides, Ruth’s Shawl, as ambassadors for Christ, will proclaim His Gospel, and demonstrate His love in various ways to the men, women and children of Malawi, Africa. Since 2007, Ruth’s Shawl has established programs such as adult literacy, prison Ministry, youth ministry, children ministry, Inductive Bible study training and other village outreaches. You can visit www.ruthsshawl.org to see our work.
Job title: Housekeeper (House Custodian)
Reporting to: The Executive Administrator
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE
The housekeeper is responsible for performing a variety of cleaning activities such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, polishing and ensuring that everything in the house is clean.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervising the work and scheduling of all Head Office custodial staff.
- Making sure that the house is fully cleaned, smart and everything is in its order.
- Reporting any irregularities promptly to the Administrator in a written report.
- Doing laundry for the residents of the house including the Country Directors, the visiting team and the staff, as needed.
- Helping out with any other RS work as assigned by the Country Directors or the Administrator.
- Driving organization vehicles as assigned.
- Collecting and handing over the gate keys to the security personnel while making sure that everything is secure and in order.
- Cooking meals for RS staff lunch program -Monday to Friday.
- Applicant must be in possession of MSCE or any other equivalent qualification. Those with certificate in Catering and Hospitality management have an added advantage.
- Applicant should have valid driver’s license
- Applicant must be a born-again Christian according to John 3:1-21 and living a life that honors and pleases God.
- Applicant should have a high level of integrity.
- Applicant should have a clean criminal record
- Be willing to relocate and stay on the company’s premises
NB: The staff house on the company’s premises is allocated to the housekeeper for free as his or benefit for staying on campus.
- An attitude of a servant and be able to follow instructions clearly with humility.
- Be able to work under minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Should demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested individuals meeting the above requirements should submit their application to the following physical address: Area 47, Sector 1, House Number 141 (immediate left turn after area 47 Sector 1 Police Unit when you are coming from Petroda Filling Station direction).
Alternatively send their application to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, to be included with this application, are mandatory reference letter from the Pastor of your church. Recommendation letter from previous employer or a mentor, a well detailed and updated CV that clearly stipulates names of traceable referees and copy of certificates. Make sure contact details of referees are included. Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 26th January, 2024.
The Executive Administrator
Ruth’s Shawl Inc.
P.O Box 31710