Company: Development Aid from People to People (DAPP)
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) Malawi is a locally registered NGO that has been operating in Malawi since 1995. Our mission is to work with the communities by promoting social and economic development through health, education training, food security and environmental programs. Our work in development is guided by social cohesion and respect for humanity, implemented through innovative and cost-effective programs. Through a variety of development models, DAPP complements the government’s effort in implementing the Malawi Growth and Development Strategy.
DAPP Malawi is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for various positions for the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) funded project which is being implemented in Blantyre and Chiradzulu districts aiming at strengthening access to high quality and comprehensive services targeting adolescent and young people through Determined, Resilient, AIDS-Free Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) Program under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), a project called “Loto Langa” or “LoLa” in short.
The program includes several layers of interventions including Direct service delivery of HIV Testing and Family planning and condom promotion and distribution to for adolescent girls and young women (AGYW), Social asset building and HIV Violence prevention of AGYW, Economic strengthening and educational support, Families Matter Program and Implementing the IMPower Program.
HTS SUPERVISOR – BLANTYRE AND CHIRADZULU (4)
Reporting to District Technical Coordinator
The HTS Supervisor provides supervision of HIV Testing services. She/he Will ensure quality assurance activities are being followed in the implementation of quality HIV testing services in the community. He/she will also ensure linkage between HIV testing services and prevention, care and treatment services.
Key Performance Areas
- Supervision of HIV Diagnostic Assistants (HDA)
- Planning and coordination of HIV testing services to AGYWs in DREANS clubs
- Ensure linkage of AGYWs to necessary HIV services
- Capacity building and mentorship
- Maintain quality assurance
- Assists in planning and execution of training for HDAs
- Ensure effective communication is maintained among HDAs and with the facilities they are attached to.
- Collaboration and coordination with providing HIV diagnostic services to AGYWs in the DREAMS club
- Ensuring the linkage and referral system is functioning properly from the community to the health facility
- Monitor data entry of all HTS and PrEP activities in DHIS2
- Referring/escorting (where needed) AGYW for appropriate health services
- Collaborate and coordinate with other district players to ensure there’s good working relationship with other partners.
- Planning, executing and reporting work progress on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to your supervisor and periodically attend facility/zonal coordination meetings
Qualification and Experience
- MSCE and Certificate in HIV Testing Services (HTS) from ministry of Health and Certificate in HTS Supervision
- At least 3 years of experience in HTS Provider
- Experiences in data entry and up-to-date documentation
- Use of electronic gadgets
- Strong organizational skills, good communication skills
- Excellent writing and documentation skills
- Have a valid motor bike riding license and is able to ride-a must
Applications stating expected salary and CV (Including contacts(emails) for three professional referees) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title and applicants name in the subject line. All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. Deadline for receipts of applications is on 29th December 2023. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.