Company: Golden Gate Memorial School
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Golden Gate Memorial School is an equal opportunity employer providing early childhood and primary education. Located at Biwi, in the capital city, Lilongwe, the school has been in operational existence for at least twenty years. The school is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant position that has arisen at the school:
Post: Human Resource and Administration Officer
Grade: GGM 2
Reporting to: Principal
TO ENSURE EFFECTIVE AND EFFICIENT USE OF GOLDEN GATE MEMORIAL SCHOOL HUMAN AND MATERIAL RESOURCES THROUGH IMPLEMENTATION OF SOUND POLICIES.
HUMAN RESOURCES AND ADMINISTRATION FUNCTIONS
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor performance of heads of human resources and administrations sections (security, maintenance, transport, and other support sections) on an ongoing basis based on their job requirements and set targets
- Conducting spot checks in classes to ensure that students and teachers are adhering to policies and procedures in relation to but not limited to dressing code, punctuality, payment of fees.
- Monitoring the use of all assets including vehicles to ensure efficient and effective use.
- Check accountability documents for transactions for validity and sign before approval by the chief executive officer. The documents include but not limited to cheque payment vouchers, petty cash vouchers, purchase orders.
- Certifying all goods received before taken into stores, and all services completed to ensure that the goods are the ones ordered and are of the right quality, and that the services are successfully completed. This will be basis for payment.
- Reviewing of payroll to ensure that all changes made to the payroll are valid.
- HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- Facilitate continuous performance appraisal of all staff at the end of each term.
- Administer all activities of pension, and group life assurance policies in liaison with old mutual.
- Provide information to finance officer concerning payroll adjustments.
- Oversee identification of skills gap and undertake appropriate action in accordance with staff development policy.
- Sensitization of all members of staff on any developments on human resource issues, including but not limited to conditions of service.
- Making all necessary arrangement for the hiring and firing of members of staff other than management team members.
- Keeping of all personnel records up to date to enable timely production of monthly staff return.
- Making communications to all members of staff on human resource issues including but not limited to hiring, firing, rewarding, promotions, and disciplinary matters.
- Resolve any conflicts that may arise between members of staff amicably.
- Approving requests for overtime ensuring that there is proper justification for such an activity.
- ASSET MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL
- On-going checking of surrounding and take appropriate actions to ensure that all assets are always in good working condition.
- Making recommendation for acquisitions and disposal capital assets to management team where necessary.
- Maintaining inventory record in each location for all the assets in the school, copy of which will be placed in the location concerned.
- At least once a term, inspect the assets against the inventory documents in all rooms to ensure that all assets are available, and report any irregularities to management.
- Facilitate Development of annual work plans and present to management team for approval before taken to board.
- Preparing master leave roster in advance, to ensure that all staff are going on leave during the school holidays and not within school days except in exceptional circumstances.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Facilitate formulation of health and safety policies in the work place to prevent any infections and injuries of students and employees and present to management for approval before taken to board.
- Oversee adherence of health and safety laws and policies, and recommend to management any improvements.
- Facilitate development of school policies and procedures and submit to management for approval before taken to board.
- Periodic review of policies and procedures in line with laws and recommended practices, present to management for approval before presenting to the board.
- Preparing monthly staff return and compare with payroll, and report any irregularities to management.
- Preparing students monthly return, compare with numbers in class and report any irregularities to management.
- Prepare report on main developments in human resources and administration on monthly basis and present to management for approval.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or a relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years of proven experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of labor legislation and payroll processes.
- Good understanding of the full recruitment process.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid problem-solving and team management abilities.
All applications with cover letter and CV should be forwarded to the following address or contact before 8th February, 2024:
Golden Gate Memorial School,
P.O. Box 1006.
- WhatsApp: 0981315692
- Email: email@example.com