Company: Malawi Against Physical Disabilities
Malawi Against Physical Disabilities is a non-governmental organization which provides free medical rehabilitation services to persons with disabilities in Malawi through physiotherapy, occupational therapy, nursing, provision of assistive devices and many more. We run outreach programs through regional offices in Blantyre, Zomba, Lilongwe and Rumphi. We also run the Kachere Rehabilitation Centre situated in Blantyre, which is the only referral facility for persons with disabilities in the country. We also produce assistive devices in workshops placed in the regional offices.
With support from the Malawi Government, through the Ministry of Health, we are looking for suitable candidates to work in various professions to fill in vacant positions and help us achieve our goals and objectives in fulfilling our mandate. The positions are as follows:
HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER (1 POSITION) MAP 4
The job summary
a) Provide high quality professional advice and support to managers and staff for all HR related matters.
b) Undertake specialist and general HR tasks as required and appropriate to the role.
c) Deputize and act up for the Head of HR, as required.
Roles and responsibilities
- Create a suite of document templates e.g., employment contracts, variation to contract letters, invitation to meeting letters, resignation letters, etc. Ensure these are accessible to the team and ensure they are kept up to date and in line with contractual and statutory requirements.
- Produce employment contracts and variation to contracts in line with authorized management requests.
- Work closely with the Payroll Department to ensure workforce information is kept up to date, and any problems identified and addressed. Issue accurate payroll instructions, to meet payroll deadlines.
- Work with the Head of HR to guide and advise management and employees, through all aspects of the employee life cycle to include absence management, investigations, discipline, grievance, capability, in accordance with the consistent application of MAP policies and procedures and compliance with employment law and best practice.
- Manage the implementation and monitoring of HR processes including recruitment and selection, employment contracts and variations, starters and leavers, employment checks, induction, mandatory/other training, probationary period review, performance and development review, maternity/paternity/shared parental leave, flexible working requests and the evaluation of training, providing appropriate support and coaching to all management to ensure full compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assist manager in the management of poor performance, advising on solutions and assisting with their implementation.
- Provide management information reports relating to HR for example absence data, staff lists, payroll costs, etc. Work on requests for information, ensuring timely and accurate responses are provided.
- Work with management to ensure all information (e.g., jobs, hours, etc.) are up to date.
- Contribute to the development of HR policies, as requested.
- Management and provision of HR data including data input, as necessary.
- Maintain a filing system to ensure documents and information are retained and easy to locate.
- Maintain and update HR database systems.
- Co-ordinate learning and development events for college staff, as required, and participate in the delivery of events as relevant. Complete relevant documentation in line with Regulatory and awarding bodies/. Deputise for the Head of HR, as required.
- Seek at all times to be effective and efficient and to enhance the quality of the service which the HR team gives to all its users in line with the values of MAP, thereby assisting them to provide a high quality of service to learners.
- Degree in a related field from a recognized institution
- At least two years experience in a similar position. Those with experience in a hospital environment may have an added advantage.
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced HR team, providing first level advice on HR policies and procedures, employment law and employee relations issues.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, with a good foundation in HR theory.
- Ability to multi-task and deal with a range of incoming enquires – organization is key to the success of this role.
- Ability to develop innovative ideas and solutions
- Excellent IT skills specifically MS Office; particularly Word, Excel and Outlook, also keen knowledge and experience of the importance of databases and their role in providing accurate management information.
- Able to form and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, service users and third parties.
- Self-motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude and determination to ‘get under the skin of problems.
- Able to streamline and improve operational processes.
- Highly enthusiastic with excellent communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested candidates should submit their applications either by dropping hard copies at our Head office in Blantyre, at Kachere Rehabilitation Center, along Chipatala avenue; or electronically through firstname.lastname@example.org; or by post to The General Manager, MAP, P.O Box 256 Blantyre. Remember to include your relevant certificates and updated CV with three traceable referees. Applications to reach Head Office by 15th of December 2023.