Company: Family Planning Association of Malawi (FPAM)
Family Planning Association of Malawi (FPAM) is a local Non-Governmental Organization that provides quality, accessible and affordable comprehensive sexual and reproductive health and rights information and services to young people, women, men, and the underserved. The organization also works to reduce maternal mortality and rapid population growth by ensuring that women and young people, mostly underserved and from hard-to-reach areas, have access to information and service options in family planning/sexual reproductive health (FP/SRH) and HIV/AIDS.
Since its founding in 1999, FPAM has established itself as a Centre of Excellence in the delivery of quality family planning and reproductive healthcare products and services and HIV/AIDS information and interventions. This is done through its main service delivery channels: Outreach, static clinics, and public sector strengthening activities. In response to rising adolescent pregnancy and maternal mortality ratio in Malawi, FPAM is increasing its focus on reaching young people and expanding access to family planning services.
FPAM is looking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant post
HUMAN RESOURCES AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
The Human Resources and Administration Officer will be responsible for assisting the HR Manager in managing all aspects of the Association’s human resources and administration functions. This includes
recruitment, employee relations, performance management, compensation and benefits, training and
development, policy development and implementation, and ensuring legal compliance.
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Location: Secretariat, Lilongwe.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruitment and onboarding: Assist the HR Manager in developing and implementing recruitment strategies, including job posting, sourcing, screening, interviewing, and selecting candidates.
- Employee relations: Address employee concerns, grievances, and disciplinary matters. Provide guidance and support to managers and employees on HR policies and procedures.
- Performance management: Assist in implementing performance management systems to ensure effective goal setting, performance evaluation, and feedback processes. Monitor and evaluate employee performance, providing coaching and support as needed.
- Compensation and benefits: Assist in administering the Association’s compensation and benefits programs, ensuring compliance with applicable labour laws.
- Policy development and implementation: Assist in developing, implementing, and updating HR policies and procedures in compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Administrative support: Provide administrative support to all departments, including managing office supplies, coordinating office logistics, and handling general inquiries. Assist in organizing Association’s events, workshops, and seminars.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Social Sciences or a related field.
- Three years proven work experience as an HR and administration officer or similar role.
- Strong knowledge of HR policies, procedures, and employment laws.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the use of HRIS and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Detail-oriented and able to maintain confidential information.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, CV and copies of relevant Certificates with three traceable referees through email only to email@example.com. Details of this position can also be accessed by visiting www.fpamalawi.org.
The deadline for submission is Friday, 1 December 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that due to volumes of applications we receive; only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and that FPAM does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. FPAM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
FPAM is an equal opportunities employer.