Company: CDH Investment Bank Limited
CDH Investment Bank Limited seeks to recruit a suitable candidate for the position of ICT Security Officer.
Background of the organization
CDH Investment Bank Limited is licensed under the Banking Act by the Reserve Bank of Malawi to provide full banking services. The bank opened for business on 2nd April 2012 and has banking centers in Blantyre and Lilongwe. Being part of Continental Holdings Limited which is a vibrant financial services group, CDH Investment Bank is a unique formation in the financial services sector as it is designed to provide unique banking solutions in Malawi.
In this regard, CDH Investment Bank Limited requires a highly skilled, motivated and innovative person that will fit the corporate ambitions of a highly creative and innovative bank.
The bank invites applications from suitably qualified individuals for the position of ICT Security Officer, tenable at Head Office in Blantyre.
The position reports to the Chief Information Technology Officer in all respects.
Nature and scope of the position
- The incumbent will be responsible for working with other departments to ensure compliance with corporate IT security Risk policies, processes, and procedures.
- Responsible for oversight of IT security risk best practices, regulatory and global IT security risk requirements.
- Responsible for remediation of security risks.
- Responsible for monitoring of security risks.
- Produce monthly reports to management on the state of security of the bank environment.
- Conduct quarterly vulnerability assessments.
- Coordinate Swift CSP audit and ensure that the Bank has passed and complied with all the requirements.
- Remediate penetration testing and vulnerability assessment findings.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve security incidents, issues, faults, and problems.
- Coordinate annual penetration testing exercises.
- Coordinate patch management for all systems and ensuring that all systems are up to date.
- Ensuring that Anti-virus security updates are up to date and the anti-virus platform is working optimally.
- Ensure that threat intelligence platforms are configured and working effectively.
- Carry out quarterly security awareness trainings for all staff.
Key qualities and attributes
- Focused and able to plan and prioritize own work for execution.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Effective communicator and able to share and escalate challenges to respective delegations.
- Team player and able to work well with others within as well as outside the department.
- Self-taught and able to research solutions to challenges.
- Critical thinker with ability to strategically traubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
Qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security and or Information Technology from a recognized institution.
- IT security certifications CISSP, CISM, CEH, CyberOps, CompTia Security+, Cysa+ will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of financial sector threat landscape.
- Familiar with cloud technologies, data analytics and big data technologies
- Must exhibit knowledge of best practice IT security standards (such as COBIT /ITIL /ISO 27001).
- Minimum of 4 years experience working in an ICT security environment.
The position offers a remuneration package and benefits commensurate with its seniority, level of skills and experience.
How to apply
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements outlined above may forward applications in person, by post or email to the address below, to be received no later than close of business on 29th December 2023.
Applications must be accompanied by:
- A detailed curriculum vitae;
- Certified copies of academic qualifications;
- Certified copy of valid national identity document/passport; and
- Details of three contactable referees.
Please note applications that do not meet all the requirements specified above will not be considered. Only shortlisted applications will be acknowledged.
Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director
CDH Investment Bank Limited
PO Box 1444