Company: Development Aid from People to People (DAPP)
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) Malawi is a locally registered NGO that has been operating in Malawi since 1995. Our mission is to work with the communities by promoting social and economic development through health, education training, food security and environmental programs. Our work in development is guided by social cohesion and respect for humanity, implemented through innovative and cost-effective programs. Through a variety of development models, DAPP complements the government’s effort in implementing the Malawi Growth and Development Strategy.
DAPP Malawi is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for various positions for the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) funded project which is being implemented in Blantyre and Chiradzulu districts aiming at strengthening access to high quality and comprehensive services targeting adolescent and young people through Determined, Resilient, AIDS-Free Mentored and Safe (DREAMS) Program under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), a project called “Loto Langa” or “LoLa” in short.
The program includes several layers of interventions including Direct service delivery of HIV Testing and Family planning and condom promotion and distribution to for adolescent girls and young women (AGYW), Social asset building and HIV Violence prevention of AGYW, Economic strengthening and educational support, Families Matter Program and Implementing the IMPower Program.
IMPOWER FACILITATORS (16)
Report to Impower Facilitator Supervisor
Job summary/ responsibilities:
Impower Facilitator is a community-based facilitator responsible for delivering Impower sessions to AGYWs enrolled in DREAMS clubs and Adolescent Boys and Young Men (ABYMs) in matters of gender-based violence (GBV). Impower facilitators will work with community structures and school patrons and matrons to ensure that sessions are delivered in safe spaces and the adolescent girls and boys are attending sessions as planned.
Key Performance Areas
- The Impower Facilitator is expected to do the following tasks, not limited to planning, reporting, coordination and collaborate with other service providers through;
- The implementation of the project activities will typically be accompanied by activities to engage ABYM, including addressing the role that GBV plays in increasing HIV risk in AGYW
- The role of the Impower facilitator will be to ensure that activities and goals agreed under the Impower Model are reached with quality and quantity.
- The implementation of the Impower model will ensure that ABYM are engaged in securing that a safe and secure environment for AGYW is created so they are protected from any form of sexual abuse.
- The Impower facilitator will ensure that the identified Males are engaged in the project activities for r6 consecutive weeks.
Qualification and Experience
- A minimum qualification of Malawi School Leaving Certificate.
- Those previously trained and certified can apply
- At least 3 years of experience in community work and community mobilization
- Experienced in community mobilization
- Experiences in data collection
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent writing and documentation skills
- Have a valid motor bike driving license and is able to drive
Note: Success will depend on successfully completing two (2) weeks of training of Impower Facilitator and obtain a certificate.
Applications stating expected salary and CV (Including contacts(emails) for three professional referees) should be emailed to email@example.com indicating the position title and applicants name in the subject line. All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. Deadline for receipts of applications is on 29th December 2023. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.