Company: Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHeS)
The Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHeS) in collaboration with the United States Centers for Disease Control and the Ministry of Health is committed to enhancing the precision, dependability, and adherence to medical and research laboratory testing standards, both within the country and beyond. To this end KUHeS has received funding from CDC Malawi to establish periodic and continuous monitoring of the accuracy and reliability of laboratory results from the participating laboratories to improve health outcomes. The work is done in liaison with the National Public Health Reference Laboratories (NPHRL) at Public Health Institute of Malawi (PHIM). As the scope of activities increases, KUHeS seeks an experienced and dynamic Proficiency Testing Scheme Manager and a Laboratory Technologist to join the team.
Laboratory Technologist (1 Position).
Department : Laboratory
Responsible to : Principal Investigator
Type of contract: 1-year contract
Brief summary of the position
The Laboratory Technologist will play a vital role in ensuring that our laboratory operations meet the highest standards of quality, accuracy, and compliance. The Officer will be responsible for the technical aspects of program, contributing to the overall excellence of our products/services.
- Conduct technical assessments and quality control checks on laboratory procedures and processes;
- Develop and maintain quality control procedures, documentation, and relevant records;
- Prepare proficiency testing panels according to good laboratory practice and ISO standards
- Ensure timely delivery of samples to participating laboratories;
- Ensure accurate traceability of raw materials and final products;
- Records keeping and daily equipment verification;
- Collaborate with laboratory personnel to implement and monitor quality assurance practices;
- Assist in the development and execution of corrective actions and process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Medical Laboratory Sciences, or a related discipline);
- Previous experience in a laboratory setting with a focus on quality control or quality assurance;
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of quality management systems and ISO17043;
- Analytical mindset, with a keen attention to detail and problem-solving abilities;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a dynamic team;
- Dedication to upholding the highest standards of quality and precision.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send their applications including a cover letter, CV with names, emails, and contact of professional referees and copies of relevant certificates to:
Kamuzu University of Health Sciences
Mahatma Gandhi Road Campus
Or email to: email@example.com
Indicate the position applied for on the envelope for hard copy applications and indicate the same in the subject line of your email for electronic submissions. Applications should reach the Registrar not later than 8th December 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Reference check shall be conducted to successful candidates.