Company: Bishop Mackenzie International School
Bishop Mackenzie International School – BMIS, the only IB School in Malawi located in Lilongwe, is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions: –
To ensure that swimming pool activities and facilities are maintained in a safe, healthy and hygienically controlled environment for all users, including implementing lifeguard guidelines. The Life Guard will be reporting to the Aquatics Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Patrol all areas of the facility and ensure that they are being used in the correct manner;
- Assist in the opening and closing of the facilities when required and monitoring the safety and security of the premises at all times;
- Supervise swimming activities and ensures that policies, guidelines and safety procedures are followed;
- Inspect pool facilities, equipment and water to ensure that they are safe and usable; Ensure availability of the pool equipment and supplies;
- Test and record chlorine levels, pH levels, temperature, and daily participation numbers as required;
- Checking readings at the pump house and take appropriate action if necessary;
- Keep the lifeguard work station clean and presentable;
- Evaluates conditions for safety and initiates aquatics emergency action plan as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Malawi Schools Certificate of Education or its equivalent;
- Aquatics/sporting qualifications;
- At least three years’ experience in lifeguarding and aquatics.
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Swimming proficiency and comfortable in all types of water conditions;
- Knowledge and ability to evaluate water conditions;
- Ability to work with children and young people in a positive manner;
- A comprehensive understanding of safeguarding and child protection procedures;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Knowledge of pool equipment and safety measures.
Interested candidates who meet the above minimum requirement should submit their applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, three traceable referees and copies of their qualifications to The Director, through the following e-mail address: email@example.com or hand deliver at Bishop Mackenzie International School, Area 3, Baron Avenue, Off Likuni Roundabout., Lilongwe.
Closing date for receiving applications is 19th January 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged