Company: AVC Industries Pvt Limited
AVC INDUSTRIES PVT LIMITED
AVC Industries Pvt Limited since its incorporation in 201 9, is an emerging integrated player in the edible oil business with a presence across the entire value chain, from farm to fork with secured access to Soybean oil plantations in Malawi. Today as the project progress it features among the top high-end project in Malawi and will be among the leading manufacturer & marketer of a healthy range of Edible Oils products in Malawi.
JOB TITLE : Logistics Assistant (Import & Export)
SCOPE OF THE JOB
To be responsible for the overall supply chain management including organizing and monitoring storage and distribution of goods. The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES, but are not limited to:
- Follow up with sales department on new export / import orders contract.
- Assist in developing local & international sales of company goods.
- Organising transportation (Trucks) for exports and locally if needed. In order to do this; strong communication with transporters will be required.
- Managing contracts for transporters & GIT (Goods in Transit) Insurance and other vendors as required.
- Coordinating with clearing agents so they manage well below duties: -
- Framing/preparation of customs bills of entry (Form 1 2) and data capturing the bills of entry in the MRA Asycuda System (DTI)
- Preparing duty requests to clients and following up on such requests for timely, payment of customs duties.
- Preparing MRA duty payment requisitions and coordinating duty payments to MRA
- Undertaking online MRA Remote Direct Trader Input (RDTI) operations with MRA’s Declaration
- Processing Centre (DPC) for the final clearance of goods
- Following up of documents at MRA (i.e Customs Release Orders, Exchange Control Stamped documents, Customs Physical Examinations of Goods, etc)
- Applying applications for imports or exports permits of goods with the relevant authorities where applicable.
6. Cargo tracking and reporting to management and clients alike.
7. Maintain statutory / Company related documents for Dispatch function.
8. Co - ordinate with Productions team to understand the availability of goods.
9. To prepare SOP on dispatch procedures.
10. Prepare and maintain reports which includes all imports & exports.
11. Any other tasks assigned by Sales Head.
- Interpersonal communication skills, Aggressiveness to set & achieve high targets, A responsible attitude & Problem-solving skills.
- Applicants must have an MSCE or its equivalent and a Diploma in Shipping & Customs Clearing or Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport with credible computer skills.
- Good knowledge of exports, customs and exchange control procedures in Malawi and in-depth knowledge of tariffs and shipping operations are a prerequisite for the positions.
- Must be conversant with Customs Procedure Codes, classification, Valuation and Rules of Origin.
- Must have Excellent command of English and key local languages and must be willing to work at odd hours when duty demands.
- Those who have at least three years’ work experience in a busy Import & Export department, freight forwarding organization with a proven track record in customs clearing management will have an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English.
- High integrity.
- Organised and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to function independently and in a team.
- Good mathematical skills and the ability to spot numerical/data errors
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Computer literate and
- Excellent attention to detail.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates with relevant experience and education may apply with an updated resume (CV), cover letter, copies of certified certificates, and three traceable referees by email to: email@example.com
Or send applications with CV to:
Business Development Manager
AVC Industries Pvt Limited
P.O Box 51 722
House No. 36, Area 3, Lilongwe, Malawi.
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 5th January, 2024.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and invited for interviews. Please note that AVC Industries Pvt Limited is an equal opportunity employer hence female candidates are encouraged to apply.