Company: MM (Operations) Limited
MM (Operations) Limited (MMOL) is dedicated to improving the lives of thousands of people in Malawi off the back of a successful, commercially driven, profit making business. The company is a value based agro-processing business working closely with local communities to grow, export and process fruit, within the framework of internationally recognised agricultural and manufacturing certification standards.
A job opportunity has arisen and MM (Operations) Limited seeks to fill the following vacancy and appoint a self-motivated and driven individual to become part of its dynamic team. The position will be based in Lilongwe.
Job Title: Management Accountant
The successful applicant will report directly to: The Head of Finance and Accounting
The Management Accountant will maintain and keep up to date the management and financial reporting systems of the Company incorporating data from all divisions including budgets and forecast.
- Develop annual budgets with divisional business unit heads and prepare monthly financial reports and quarterly budget forecasts.
- Analyse historical and forecasted working capital requirements of the business.
- Analyse historical results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Prepare periodic reports for all stakeholders.
- Complete financial/operational analysis (actual vs budget) and utilise cata to continuously improve overall business operations and KPI’s.
- Manage morthly financial reports including balance sheets, profit/loss statements, cash flow analysis, creditor/debtors, and inventory.
- Prepare projections of working capital requirements for each quarter and year.
- Provide economic and financial advice in liaison with the Head of Finance and Accounting.
- Assist in financial analysis of various business initiatives and performance.
- Work directly with divisional heads to help analyse and optimise basing on agreed objectives and KPl’s.
- Ensure that al finance SOPs are fit for purpose, consistent and they all meet internal and external standards.
- Identify, report, and rectify processes, procedures and/or control which could pose a financial risk to the business.
- Complete scheduled and unscheduled internal and external audits in a timely manner.
- Design, budget and run projects that improve the company’s assets and bottom-line profitability.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Accountancy Degree with an accredited university (those studying towards completion of CIMA or any other professional qualification will have an added advantage).
- At least 5 years relevant experience in cost and financial accounting.
- A member of ICAM.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Self-starter and focused.
- Knowledge of legislations and regulations on Public Finance management
- Highly numerate with strong attention to detail.
- Experience using accounting software. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics highly desirable.
- Ability to work under pressure. Ability to deliver tasks according to deadlines.
- Good communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Experience working within an agricultural business, manufacturing or related operation will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Candidates that meet the above requirements are encouraged to apply by submitting a cover letter, an up-to-date CV with 3 traceable referees and copies of relevant certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to P.O. Box 499 Salima.
Applications to be received by 5th January 2024.
MM (Operations) Limited is an equal opportunity employer appreciates all applications. However only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.