Company: Norwegian Church Aid (NCA)
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN NORWEGIAN CHURCH AID (NCA)/ DAN CHURCH AID ( DCA) – JOINT COUNTRY PROGRAMME (JCP)MALAWI
Norwegian Church Aid works with people and organisations around the world in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustice. We provide emergency assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities.
In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is an International Non-Governmental Organization working in over 30 countries around the world. It is a member of the worldwide ACT-Alliance, comprised of 140 churches and church-related organizations cooperating on humanitarian assistance, advocacy and development. Norwegian Church Aid has been working in Malawi since 2002 and in 2021, NCA joined forces with DCA and are operating as a joint country programme (JCP) in Malawi with Strategic Priorities for the period 2021–2024 being, Gender based violence (GBV), Climate Smart Economic empowerment (CSEE) and Fighting inequality (FI).
Please visit our website: www.nca.no
In 2021 NCA merged with DanChurchAid to form Malawi Joint Country Program (JCP). The JCP was created to enhance synergy and positive sustainable development in the lives of the poor and marginalized people in the target communities of Malawi and to reduce costs and increase efficiency and effectiveness.
For NCA/DCA to continue developing its and partners’ programmes in Malawi, NCA/ DCA is seeking experienced persons with solid knowledge and skills to fill the following vacant positions in the Country office based in Lilongwe:
The successful candidate will be a part of the NCA/DCA Extended Management Team at the NCA Malawi
Representation and will be based in Lilongwe and will report to the Head of Programs.
Areas of responsibility
- Leading the establishment and management of a high-quality Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) system in NCA Malawi.
- Provide leadership and management of a team of NCA MEAL staff, including recruitment, mentoring, training and managing the team.
- Provide guidance and field support to the NCA Malawi operations in terms of Monitoring, Evaluation,
Accountability and Learning (MEAL).
- Establish & mainstream M&E and Accountability systems for direct and partner implementation in NCA Malawi in alignment with NCA frameworks, guidelines and principles.
- Coordinate all M&E tasks & communication with internal & external platforms and partners.
a. Program Design
Support the NCA Malawi program in developing new projects by providing required secondary data on the
context and thematic areas, learning from previous projects, and primary data from needs assessments.
b. Monitoring & Reporting
- Ensure partners are trained on the M&E and reporting requirements, and core humanitarian standards.
- Ensure NCA Malawi frontline and technical staff are knowledgeable on technical aspects related to M&E, Data collection, analysis and quality standards.
- Ensure partner & direct implementation is monitored on a regular basis for quality standards, and humanitarian principles through schedule visits, data quality audits, spot check / verification visits against
reports, and reports reviews (as per agreed schedule with donors and partnership
c. Project Evaluations, & learning
- Ensure Learning events are conducted for direct & partner implemented projects before the closure of the project in order to document learnings and best practice for future programs.
- If required by the donor, ensure to lead / coordinate the end of project evaluation process in alignment with NCA evaluation guidelines.
- Ensure key findings from the measurement processes (end-lines & evaluations) are shared with NCA
management and external entities as required.
- Ensure all M&E data, reports, and records are clearly organized archived in a central location for future
- Lead in developing/adapting contextually appropriate accountability tools and systems to enable response
staff to better include communities in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Ensure the Complaints Mechanism is in place and well managed.
- Participate in inter-agency coordination mechanisms on accountability, share learning and tools with other agencies and use experience of other agencies to improve NCA Malawi accountability plans and practices.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Master’s degree preferably in the field of social sciences, statistics or development studies
Minimum of 2 years national & 3 years international (total of 5 years) experience in the field of MEAL, especially in monitoring, evaluation is critical.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Thorough knowledge in quantitative and qualitative data collection methods, and analysis is essential,
- Thorough knowledge in writing technical M&E reports is essential.
- Knowledge on the humanitarian and development operations coordination, cluster operations, and major donor M&E requirements is essentials.
- Proven experience in establishing a fully functional
M&E system for an organization that’s supported by bilateral & multilateral international donors.
- Digital data collection and analysis will be an added advantage.
Applications including CV, suitability statement and names and contact details of three traceable references should be sent to:
The Country Director, Norwegian Church Aid, P.O. Box 30793, Lilongwe 3 or email: email@example.com
Applications should be submitted by 12 noon on Friday 5th January 2024. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note that NCA is an equal opportunity Employer; therefore all, men, women, and those with disability are encouraged to apply.