Company: Organization for Sustainable Social and Economic Development Initiatives (OSSEDI) Malawi
Job Title: Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Coordinator
Organization: Organization for Sustainable Social and Economic Development Initiatives (OSSEDI) Malawi
Project: Climate Just Communities (CJC) Project in TA Ngokwe, Machinga district
Funded By: Scottish government through DAI Global UK
Duration: Jan 2024- Mar 2026
Location: Machinga district, Malawi
About OSSEDI: Organization for Sustainable Social and Economic Development Initiatives (OSSEDI) is a non-profit organization, committed to fostering sustainable development amongst rural communities. OSSEDI collaborates with local and international partners to implement transformative projects aimed at improving the social and economic well-being of marginalized masses.
About the Project: with funding from the Scottish government through DAI Global UK, OSSEDI will be facilitating implementation of CJC project in close collaboration with Machinga district council in TA Ngokwe. The project will ultimately contribute to a just transition and demonstrate the value of the locally-led adaptation model.
Position Overview: OSSEDI is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Coordinator to play a pivotal role in ensuring the successful implementation and impact assessment of the CJC project. The selected candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing robust monitoring and evaluation frameworks, collecting and analysing data, and providing valuable insights to enhance project efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Monitoring Evaluation and Learning framework for the CJC project in line with overall programme MEL framework and Theory of change.
- Design and implement data collection tools and methodologies, ensuring accuracy and relevance.
- Conduct regular field visits to project area in TA Ngokwe, Machinga district, to oversee data collection and assess project activities.
- Analyse and interpret quantitative and qualitative data, providing timely and insightful reports to project stakeholders.
- Collaborate with project teams to ensure MEL findings inform decision-making and program adjustments.
- Facilitate capacity-building activities for project staff and partners on MEL best practices.
- Ensure compliance with DAI Global UK's reporting requirements and standards.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field (e.g. Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Social Sciences).
- Proven experience in designing and implementing MEL frameworks for development projects.
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with the socio-economic context of Machinga district, would be an advantage.
- Previous experience working on resilience-building projects is highly desirable.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV, a cover letter, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com by Friday, 12th January, 2024]. Please include "MEL Application - CJC Project" in the subject line.
Deadline for Application: 12th January,2024
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
OSSEDI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals, including women and persons with disabilities.