Company: Inter Aide
Inter Aide is an international non-governmental organization specialised in the implementation of programmes that promote access to development for the most vulnerable communities. Inter Aide has been working in Malawi since 1992 with interventions around Health, Water Maintenance and Agricultural development in the Central and Southern regions of Malawi.
Inter Aide, in collaboration with local partners and the Department of Animal Health and Livestock Development (DAHLD) of the Ministry of Agriculture, has developed an expertise over the last fifteen years
in the implementation of community vaccinators networks to vaccinate chickens against the Newcastle
Disease with an aim of improving nutrition and incomes of small-scale rural producers. Currently, the
program operates in Lilongwe, Zomba, and Phalombe districts and benefits more than 85,000 families.
For this program, Inter Aide is looking to hire two Field facilitators, two M&E Officers and an Administrative
Assistant for a period of one year with the possibility of extension from January 2024.
POSITION 2: MONITORING & EVALUATION OFFICER (two positions) based in Nathenje & Phalombe)
Position holders will work under the direct supervision of the National Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
Officer. They will work closely with the regional team, focal persons from the government, community
vaccinators associations/sub-associations/clusters, and traditional authorities. They will also support the
project’s consistent gender integration approach at all levels.
Duties and Responsibilities
In this capacity, the Monitoring & Evaluation Officers will be responsible to:
- Prepare data collection activities and surveys, with weekly work plans validated by the direct supervisor.
- Collect and compile first-hand data related to vaccination campaigns, baseline study, assessments, and other ad hoc surveys.
- Consolidate and analyse data to produce quality reports in collaboration with project coordinators, e.g., weekly/monthly progress reports, vaccination campaign reports, and associations performance reports.
- Assist in creating infographics for data analysis and visualization.
- Support the effective implementation of the M&E tools in collaboration with the focal persons of the
government and the M&E project’s unit.
- Help to identify areas where technical support is required.
- Actively support the project’s M&E unit to reflect the different gender integration mechanisms and their implementation.
- Contribute to constantly improve the program by providing inputs.
- Conduct any other duties requested by the National M&E Officer or unit coordinator.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Agricultural Economics, or a related field is required. Alternatively, a diploma in these fields and two years of work experience in monitoring and evaluation can be considered.
- One year of relevant experience is required for this position.
- Should have sound skills in implementing monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Chichewa.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Familiarity with the KoBo/ODK toolbox, statistical and data visualization software (SPSS, R, Power Bi, etc.) is preferred.
- Strong analytical and research skills, motivation for field work, flexibility and dynamism.
- Visual and system thinking notions are preferred.
- Able to work within a strict policy framework regarding employee, partner, and beneficiary allowances/handouts.
- A Category A or A1 driving license (for motorbike) or willingness to go through a motorbike riding
training at the beginning of the assignment is mandatory.
How to Apply
Send your CV and cover letter with names of three traceable references by email only with the position in the subject line and desired location (Nathenje or Phalombe) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date is 08th December, 2023
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.