Company: Chemonics International Inc.
Chemonics International Inc., a U.S.-based international development consulting firm, seeks the following positions for the USAID Next Generation Early Grade Reading Activity (NextGen) in Malawi. The $75 million activity aims to solidify and build on the contributions made to date as part of the implementation of Malawi’s National Reading Program (NRP) towards improving the delivery of high-quality early primary reading instruction in all Malawian primary schools. We are seeking individuals with a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
To apply for the position, please submit a CV and application through the form below. Please submit your application as soon as possible, as candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis. This application will close on Wednesday 31 January, 2024. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics International Inc. seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning Officer for the USAID Next Generation Early Grade Reading Activity (NextGen) in Malawi. This is a long-term position that will be based in Kasungu, Malawi.
• Conducts school and community assessments to track project progress on the set targets
• Facilitates and supports timely implementation, updating and compilation of field data
• Supports partners and other key stakeholders to review, interpret formulate practical implications of data and evidence of school, zonal and district level data.
• Trains and coaches primary education advisors, headteachers and section heads on data collection procedures and quality
• Conducts routine checks of data collection process and ensuring data accuracy and completeness
• Support MOE DEMISO and ZEMISOs in conducting data quality assurance at school, zonal, and district level.
• Bachelor’s degree in education, economics, statistics, development studies, monitoring and evaluation, or relevant area
• Five years of experience in project/Ministry program management, monitoring and evaluation, training, or technical support to Ministry of Education
• Knowledge of M&E concepts and tools; knowledge of statistical software (SPSS, GIS Mapping, etc.) preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge of USAID MEL requirements and reporting protocols
• Experience in development and implementation of learning agendas, including knowledge management and documentation learning.
• Proficient in IT Skills
• Experience with a USAID-funded project preferred
• Written and spoken proficiency in English and Chichewa.
To apply for the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning Officer position kindly follow the following link: