Company: Zomba District Council
Local Government Service Commission is inviting applications from suitably qualified Malawians to fill the
following vacant positions tenable at Zomba District Council. The applicants must be willing to work in rural
areas and subjected to Malawi Public Service Regulations (MPSR) from time to time.
1. POST : CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
GRADE : F/M4
- Direct coordinate and control administrative activities of the Council
- Assist in servicing Council’s service committees
- Determine and allocate management and supervisory responsibilities to subordinates within the Council
- Assist in matters to do with chief’s administration
- Assist in resolving land disputes.
Applicants must be serving Principal Administrative Officers in Local Authorities at Grade G/M5 with at least
four (4) years’ experience at that grade.
2. POST : CHIEF SOCIAL WELFARE OFFICER
GRADE : F/M4
- Development of district plans, implementation and progress reporting
- Coordinates the efforts and contributions of Non-Governmental Organizations’ (NGOs) technical committee, Ministries/Departments and other voluntary organizations involved in the delivery of social or other community services
- Contributes to the organization of activities in the resemblance of national and international days at district level
- Plan and budget for activities related to Family and Child Welfare, Children Services, Probation and Aftercare and other general Social Welfare programs.
- Undertake various capacity building initiatives to enhance the capacity of families, communities and service providers in the provision of social welfare services
Applicants must be serving Principal Social Welfare Officer (Grade G/M5) in Local Authorities with at least four (4) years’ experience at that grade.
3. POST : PRINCIPAL ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH OFFICER
Grade : HG/M5
- Plan, implement, monitor and evaluate Environment health services and social welfare services of the Council;
- Prepare, implement the budget for the Preventive Health Services Section
- Supervise officers in the section,
- Conduct Civic education on environmental health issues;
- Promote sanitation and hygiene at the Council
Applicants must be serving Senior Environmental Health Officers (GradeH/M6) regardless of experience at that grade or serving Environmental Health Officers (Grade I/M7) in the Local Authorities with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience at that grade.
4. POST : PRINCIPAL HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR
GRADE : HG/M5
- Coordinate delivery of Health Services within the Hospital/District as well as provide full sectoral co-ordination with partner institutions.
- Responsible for budget formulation, implementation and expenditure control.
- Coordinate with Project Managers and Heads of Departments on planning and implementation of projects in liaison with the Ministry of Health.
- Oversee procurement of goods and services for effective and efficient delivery of health care services.
- Provide central liaison role to the hospital and assume advisory role to DHMT
- Supervise management of Transport services to effectively support delivery
- Ensure that infrastructure and medical equipment are in good order and working condition through preventive maintenance in conjunction with Physical Asset Management Division.
Applicants must be serving Senior Health Services Administrator (Grade H/M6) in Local Authorities regardless of experience or Health Services Administrator (Grade HI/M7) with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience at that grade.
5. POST : PRINCIPAL SYSTEMS ANALYST/PROGRAMMER
GRADE : G/M5
- Lead the ICT Team at the Council;
- Prepare detailed system requirements, incorporating system, impact analysis as well as user cases.
- Conduct reviews with Systems Analyst sand other users;
- Involve and manage change control procedures and issue related list;
- Define application problem and develop solution
- Coordinating production with programmers;
Applicants must be serving Senior Systems Analyst/Programmer at Grade H/M6 in Local Authorities regardless of experience or Systems Analyst/ Programmer with four (4) years’ experience at that grade.
6. POST : PRINCIPAL AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION OFFICER (PAEO)
GRADE : G/P7
- Planning, organizing and implementing agricultural extension programs in a District.
- Interpreting Agricultural Development and Extension Policies to all stakeholders in agriculture within a District.
- Providing technical guidance to all heads of technical departments and Extension Planning Areas on implementation of extension methodologies, nutrition, agri-gender and media services programs in the District.
- Prepare annual work plans, reports and budgets
- Initiating and promoting formation of agro-based farmer organizations.
- Initiating and promote research-extension-farmer linkages activities in a District.
Applicants must be serving Agriculture Extension Methodologies Officer (AEMO), Farm Business Management Officer (FBMO), Food and Nutrition Officer (FNO) and Agri-gender Roles Extension Support Services Officer (AGRESSO) in Local Authorities with Bachelor of Science Degree in Agriculture plus 4 years work experience at Grade I/PO or Agriculture Extension Development Coordinator with Diploma in Agriculture plus 8 years work experience at Grade I/PO.
7. POST : SENIOR LAND RESOURCES CONSERVATION OFFICER (SLRCO)
GRADE : H/M6
- Plan and execute activities of the Land Resources and Evaluation Section in the District.
- Preparing land resources surveys projects and arrange their implementation, monitoring and evaluation in the District.
- Provide relevant information for the formulation of policy guidelines for the Land Resources Survey and
- Supervision of Land Resources Survey and Evaluation activities in the District
- Initiate procurement of suitable equipment and materials for field surveys and remote sensing at District level.
- Collaborate with Surveys Department on aerial photography acquisition and map production for the District.
- Training District LRC staff and frontline staff in soil surveys, land use mapping and land evaluation.
Applicants must be serving Land Resources Conservation Officers in Local Authorities at Grade I/M6 in possession of a BSc. Degree in Agriculture, Earth Sciences or Environmental Studies obtained from a recognized University/accredited Institution with a minimum of 4 years’ experience.
8. POST : SENIOR FISHERIES OFFICER
GRADE : H/M6
- Keeping up to date with legislation and relevant scientific/technical developments.
- Approving and issuing licenses for the movement of fish;
- Surveying fish stocks, ensuring the correct type and amount of fish are in the right places
- Working with planning authorities to ensure new building developments do not have an adverse impact on river fisheries;
- Conducting environmental impact assessments and Inspecting fish markets
- Patrolling the coastline up to six nautical miles from the shore;
- Providing advice to members of the public, fishing crews and offshore fish farm managers.
- Sampling biological specimens and monitoring breeding habits of fish as required
Applicants must be serving Fisheries Officers in Local Authorities at Grade I/M7 with a minimum of 4 years’
experience at that grade.
9. POST : VALUATION OFFICER
GRADE : I/M7
- Undertaking property measurements and inspections for valuation using the required valuation standards
- Undertaking property market research
- Carrying out property valuations for various purposes
- Offering investment appraisals and advice to clients
- Monitoring and supervision of his subordinates
- Provide technical advice to management
Applicants must be in possession of Bachelor’s Degree in Land Economy, Real Estate, Land Administration,
Property Management, Land Management obtained from accredited institutions.
10. POST : CLINICAL OFFICER (DERMATOLOGY)
GRADE : HK/M9
- To ensure effective case management at health institutions
- To conduct wards rounds and routine district visits.
- To provide clinical institutions to interns qualified clinicians
- Comfortably run the dermatology units
Applicants must be in possession of a Diploma in Dermatology obtained from accredited institutions and must be registered with Medical Council of Malawi.
11. POST : CLINICAL OFFICER (ORTHOPAEDIC)
GRADE : HK/M9
- Perform both minor and major orthopaedic operations on their own
- Ensure effective case management at health institutions
- Conduct ward rounds; Provide clinical instructions to Interns qualified Clinicians
- Comfortably run the emergency Medical services and Casualty
- Conduct routine District visits.
Applicants must be in possession of Diploma in Orthopaedic obtained from accredited institutions and must be registered with Medical Council of Malawi.
12. POST : CLINICAL OFFICER (OBS –GYN)
GRADE : HI/M7
• Perform both minor and major Obs-Gynae operations
• To ensure effective case management at health institutions;
• To conduct ward rounds;
• To provide clinical institutions to interns, qualified clinicians;
• Comfortably run the emergency Medical services and Casualty;
• To conduct clinical research with the idea of getting close to evidence based practice
• Can run a specific Obs – Gyn Ministry of Health program.
Applicants must be serving Senior Clinical Technicians – Obs and Gyna (Grade J/M8) regardless of experience at that grade or serving Clinical Technicians (Grade K/M9) in possession of Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Medicine (Osteopathic Medicine) and be registered with Medical Council of Malawi.
13. POST : WATER SUPERVISOR
GRADE : K/M9
- Collecting, compiling and reporting of data on water supply and sanitation CBM activity;
- Monitoring the availability and distribution of spare parts;
- Planning, conducting, coordinating, supervising and evaluating training programs for extension workers and communities;
- Conducting regular meetings with WASH Stakeholders;
- Coordinating and supervising the drilling, trenching, pipe laying, pump installation, construction and operation and maintenance of Water Supply and Sanitation investments;
- Initiating participatory dissemination of gender, hygiene, sanitation and health (including HIV/AIDS) messages.
Applicants must be in possession of a Diploma in Water Resource Management obtained from accredited
14. POST : ASSISTANT FISHERIES OFFICER
GRADE : K/M9
- Assist in the improvement of the management and conservation of the fish resources in Malawi
- Assist in the application and implementation of the regulatory provisions as stipulated in the Fisheries Act
- Improve and extend fish post-harvest techniques particularly in icing, sun and smoke drying and marketing
- Participate in the development and implementation of fisheries training programs for both Technical Assistants and local communities
Applicants must be serving Senior Fisheries Assistants at Grade L/M10 in Local Authorities regardless of experience at grade or those in possession of Diploma in Fisheries obtained from accredited institutions.
15. POST: ASSISTANT FORESTRY OFFICER
GRADE : K/M9
• Conduct forest resource assessment and mapping
• Establish and manage forest plantations
• Protect and manage forest resource
• Undertake supervision of subordinate staff
• Provide information on markets and prices for forest produce
• Write and implement funded projects
Applicants must be serving Senior Forestry Assistants at Grade L/M10 in Local Authorities regardless of
experience at grade or those in possession of Diploma in Forestry or Environmental Management and Natural Resources obtained from accredited institutions.
Successful candidates must be willing to be deployed in remote areas.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) including three traceable referees together with photocopies of relevant certificates and a National ID to:
The Executive Secretary,
Local Government Service Commission,
P.O. Box 766,
Applications should be labelled on the envelop the position being applied for.
Dateline for receiving applications is 7th January 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Local Government Service Commission does not use any agent or solicit any form of payment for any application, interviews or any fees in connection to its recruitment. Any acts of solicitation for payment must be reported to the Executive Secretary, Local Government Service Commission.