Company: Salima Sugar Company Limited
Salima Sugar Company Limited (SSCL) is a limited liability company incorporated in Malawi under the Companies Act with postal address P.O. Box 200, Lilongwe whose Head Office is situated at Plot 588, Area 3, Lilongwe.
SSCL is a subsidiary of Greenbelt Investments Holdings Limited and its Partners.
The Company’s business is development of sugar plantations, production of sugar and its by-products for the Malawi and export markets.
The Company is now looking for dynamic and well versed individuals to fill the following positions:
1. Job Title: Senior Accountant- Financial Reporting
Job Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Job Purpose, Roles and Responsibilities
To ensure that the Company financial management and reporting meet the highest standards in line with generally accepted standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the key duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing bank reconciliation statements and relevant control accounts reconciliations
- Ensures compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Supervising the processing of payments in line with laid down policies, standards and legislation according to the established approval procedures;
- Ensuring that all financial transactions are properly supported, authorised and recorded;
- Preparing annual statutory financial statements and other statutory reports;
- Ensuring that effective risk management systems are developed and implemented;
- Managing taxes and other regulatory remittances;
- Managing audits and other risk mitigation procedures;
- Providing information and assistance to internal or external auditors in times of audit activities;
- Conducting performance appraisals for staff under charge.
- Preparation and maintenance of accurate financial records, including general ledger accounts
Academic and Professional Qualifications
Bachelor of Accountancy degree with minimum of 5 (five) years of work experience in Accounting and Studying towards Professional Qualification such as ACCA.
2. Job Title: Internal Auditor
- Developing and reviewing internal audit policies, procedures, systems and user manuals
- Make recommendations on how to improve internal controls and governance processes
- Developing and monitoring implementation of risk management programs, strategies and activities
- Monitoring and offering advice on the performance of approved budget and utilization of company resources
- Preparing and submitting/presenting audit reports to Management and
- Board of Directors
- Conducting/supervising investigations on any incidents of fraud, theft, forgeries, accidents and other losses
- Facilitating redress such as litigation, recovery and insurance claims
- Liaising with and providing support to external auditors to ensure that audit exercises are completed on time and efficiently
- Developing and monitoring implementation of risk management programs, strategies and activities.
- Preparing periodic operational reports
- Ensure that the organization is complying with relevant laws and statutes
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Auditing from an accredited University with 5 years’ experience.
3. Job Title: Management Accountant
Job Location – Salima, Malawi
The Management Accountant will maintain and keep up to date the management accounting systems of the Company incorporating data from all divisions including budgets and forecast.
- Develop annual budgets and prepare monthly management accounts and quarterly budget forecasts.
- Analyse historical and forecasted working capital requirements of the business.
- Analyse historical results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Prepare projections of working capital requirements for each quarter and year.
- Provide economic and financial management advice in liaison with the Chief
- Assist in financial analysis of various business initiatives and performance.
- Work directly with departmental heads to help analyse and optimise basing on agreed objectives and KPI’s.
- Identify, report, and rectify processes, procedures and/or control which could pose a financial risk to the business.
- Design, budget and run projects that improve the company’s assets and bottom-line profitability.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Accountancy Degree (those studying towards completion of CIMA or any other professional qualification will have an added advantage).
- At least 5 years relevant experience in cost and financial accounting.
- Experience working within an agricultural business and manufacturing operation will be an added advantage.
4. Job Title: Sales and Marketing Manager
Duties and responsibilities
- Developing and implementing a sales and marketing strategies to achieve organizational sales and marketing goals and revenues
- Setting individual sales targets and delegating responsibility for customer accounts to sales personnel
- Overseeing and coordinating the sales and marketing activities and performance of the sales team
- Providing training, guidance, and feedback to sales representatives
- Preparing sales budgets, projections, and reports
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration with 5 years’ experience from accredited University or highest CIM qualification. Those with Masters will have an added advantage.
Applications should be submitted to the
Salima Sugar Company Ltd,
P O Box 200,
Lilongwe or email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 20 February 2024